Archived how long do stl's stay in position....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey!

So i get that etl's have a 18 month routine for them to move to another position but what about stl's? Our stl is coming up on her 3 year mark next week.....is that normal? i feel like our last 2 stl's before that weren't there as long....

Just like ETLs, it's preferred to keep them moving to new stores/roles about every 18 months. Depending on openings, they may end up on a rotation for longer than that. There's definitely less opportunity at the district level for them to move up into now, and it doesn't make a lot of sense to have STLs trade stores if both are already green.

Our STL has been in role for close to four years now and before that he was an STL at another store for about three years. Like kingpin said, less opportunity at the district level makes it hard to promote.

Ours has been our STL ever since we opened in 2006. I kinda like him and hope he never leaves.

They sort of use some stores as training stores. So new STLs that they expect to move up right away tend to rotate through certain stores. These stores have a new STL just about every year. In other cases your STL can be around forever if they are not a fast track. Then their are just bad stores that that STLs rotate in and out of trying to fix.

My STL is going on 3 years. I'm not sure how long we had our previous STL - she was there before I was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back