Archived How long have you worked for "Spot"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going on 4 years...
And let me tell you, just in 4 years I can see how much things have changed. Leadership went from my 40-50 year old ETL's to my 23 year olds straight out of college with no job experience. It's absolutely insane.

That's what I always hear from people at my store. That "it's not the same as it used to be". But these same people been there so long and make so much with spot now that they pretty much CANT leave.

Wait another year or 2 and the starting wages at other retailers will probably exceed what veteran workers make at Target!

Going on 4 years...
And let me tell you, just in 4 years I can see how much things have changed. Leadership went from my 40-50 year old ETL's to my 23 year olds straight out of college with no job experience. It's absolutely insane.

I've also been around long enough to see the same at my store. Having just lost my interviewer (ETL-GE of around 40 years of age) to what I hope is a higher leadership position elsewhere, our entire ETL team, except the STL, is definitely below 30 years old. Maybe the future will bring better results, but to say we're in a rut is widely considered an understatement here.

I'm not going to tell you how many years because I know my bosses frequent this forum but I will say this - if I live to retire Target owes me my pension. And it was vested before the company got rid of the pensions.

3 yrs & 5 months. My first day on register was Black Friday 2012... (cashier)

I'm not going to tell you how many years because I know my bosses frequent this forum but I will say this - if I live to retire Target owes me my pension. And it was vested before the company got rid of the pensions.

Your bosses don't GAS about you or this place.

Trust me. They're worried enough just being "bosses!"

Me too.

2 years 10 months then came back as a team lead a year and a half later, and have been with the company for 3 years and 9 months (as a team lead and now as a senior team lead).

Nine years. And yes, it does feel that the powers that be want to get rid of me.

It only makes sense for a company like Spot to prefer the younger, lower paid employees over the older, more expensive ones. As mentioned earlier, this isn't rocket science and the learning curve isn't all that steep.

I don't like it, but I can't blame them. I pretty much knew what I was getting into when I came onboard...

Any experienced people (20+) yrs ever feel like the longer you are there the more spot wants you gone?
I've recently seen several old timers get marched out the door after a lot of yrs of loyal service. I have worked there 17 yrs so I know my days are numbered. But with the minimum wage always going up there won't be much difference in pay for those who have been there a lot of years and those who just started. So maybe I won't be seen as such a liability...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back