Archived How long should I stick around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustJoe

"Can you go to 3, please?" *Turns off walkie*
With all of the AE2014 belt tightening I see fewer and fewer opportunities to advance myself (especially in my district). If I look at the TLs in my store right now I see that a majority of them are company vets and some of them are just waiting for that spot to open up on the ETL bench.

I'm stranded back in my corner of the store with my 'shock collar' firmly around my neck. The teams that I would want to go work on are pretty established and I don't see them going anywhere. I'm getting hours based solely on the fact that I speak English and have open availability. Sadly, hours alone aren't paying the bills. I'm worth a lot more, but leadership in my store won't let me demonstrate that worth.

How long should I keep it up?

There are still people on here who say they are getting on the bench or getting actual TL positions. But I have to guess those stores/districts are having massive issues to have any actual openings with all of the cuts.

You also don't get to choose what team you lead. If there's an opening and you are interviewed/are on the bench, you either take that position or remain a TM.

I want to stick around till at least September to see what happens to the TLs at my store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back