Archived How long to rehire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved Target with everything I had. It was the one place I could go that made me feel happy.. Like I was part of a family. The thing is, I was terminated because of my attendance. I had been going through a lot of really traumatic and really tough situations at the time of my termination. I understand completely, they need people to be there and reliably. I have since rectified situations and have done everything I can to overcome and move on from my experiences. Now I am just wondering how long do I have to wait to reapply? I explained a lot of what was going on to my HR and bosses and they understood and said it was just policy so I think I am rehirable, I just don't know if I have to wait 6 months or a year or 90 days? Any help will be appreciated!

If they said it was policy that sounds like they aren’t going to hire you back. And stores tend to call each other if someone used to work at Target before and see what kind of a worker they were - basically a “would you hire them back” kinda conversation. Your best bet might be to wait until only a couple of people who will vouch for you are left..

I loved Target with everything I had. It was the one place I could go that made me feel happy.. Like I was part of a family. The thing is, I was terminated because of my attendance. I had been going through a lot of really traumatic and really tough situations at the time of my termination. I understand completely, they need people to be there and reliably. I have since rectified situations and have done everything I can to overcome and move on from my experiences. Now I am just wondering how long do I have to wait to reapply? I explained a lot of what was going on to my HR and bosses and they understood and said it was just policy so I think I am rehirable, I just don't know if I have to wait 6 months or a year or 90 days? Any help will be appreciated!
You can definitely try in 60 days, I hope you get hired, Target has been hiring alot, We literally hired a rock the other day, it sits by our tsc door and helps keep it stay open. TMs really like it, and I think the rock does more than the whole store combined i.e consistent results. I don’t think our tsc door has been shut or have needed opening since we hired this rock. You definitely have a chance. I wish we can all learn from this rock, to stay put and do our jobs...and not complain even if we do get banged once in a while... by the door.

I mean you can try to get rehired but because of attendance issues you might not. If they fired you don’t go to your old store so try another and explain your situation at the last store and maybe they will listen. If not there’s plenty of other places that are much better.

Another good time to try is when they start for seasonal, may be more willing to take the risk, if you do well enough you could be hired on or at least remove your flag.

Reactions: DBZ
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back