Archived How many can I fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever wonder why the shelf capacity of an item is not on a sales floor shelf label. It was the first question I asked when I started with Target 15 years ago doing overnight flow. I recently asked a flow team member how many do you think go there while they were top stacking soup cans, then went into item search and pulled up the book screen and was amazed what the difference was. Can you push to the piece if you don't know what this number is. Just sent this question up to the "Let Me Know" folks. Is anyone as amazed as myself this still remains such a mystery to our processes when research, backstock and pulls are so number specific.

The only thing we come up with at our store is that would make too much sense. Then again, the capacity is wrong about 30 to 50 percent of the time...based on what i've seen doing rigs.

I like it when there's a column in the middle of the location so the capacity is actually quite a bit less.

I like it when there's a column in the middle of the location so the capacity is actually quite a bit less.

That's a classic, on the toy set the Rock Star Micky had a column going right through where the display was supposed to go so no matter how you set it up you could only put out 2 toys.

110807_10241.jpg

Cart attendant, can you bring a couple of tubs to C10?

Classic training photo, reminds me of a store remodel where my sft said you didn't need the retaining bracket on the battery inline pog

There is a option in the my support form for pole obstructions to change shelf capacities, when you send it up they tell you it can't be changed because all stores do not have poles in the same place.

Ugh. I especially hate that when there is only once facing. You can put one in front of the poll,and 3 behind. wth.

Hopefully, showing the capacities would prevent people from thinking it was necessary to stack every can we have, even if it means you can't properly put it on the shelf. and no. the peaches aren't meant to be 3 high. thats why we always have broken moldy peaches. and don't even get me started on the feminine hygiene aisle. Just b/c it can potentially be stacked 4 high, doesn't mean it should be. I really wish nothing in the store was stacked. We should just have a lot more shelves. Yeah, I know it wouldn't work, but I still like my idea.

When there's a support pier ( that's a pole
thumbsup.gif
) behind the shelving -- have your SFT ( SBS ) tack weld the internal bracing -- then tack a top brace "To" the pole or a 3/16" strap around it.
9a8d0981.gif

Then you could fill the shelves with car batteries
dc76b29b.gif

When the back is 4" or more off the back --- a "D" cut can be made into the shelves - then 1/4" strapping is bolted at the rear of each shelf --- fill it up with cans ---- it ain't going anyplace
8199d256.gif

Last edited:
Ugh. I especially hate that when there is only once facing. You can put one in front of the poll,and 3 behind. wth.

Hopefully, showing the capacities would prevent people from thinking it was necessary to stack every can we have, even if it means you can't properly put it on the shelf. and no. the peaches aren't meant to be 3 high. thats why we always have broken moldy peaches. and don't even get me started on the feminine hygiene aisle. Just b/c it can potentially be stacked 4 high, doesn't mean it should be. I really wish nothing in the store was stacked. We should just have a lot more shelves. Yeah, I know it wouldn't work, but I still like my idea.

In a perfect world, we'd stack only paper and plastics. I've been trying to explain to people lately if you stack the items so high that you knock them all over by trying to stack them, what do you think is going to happen when a guest tries to squeeze one out of there?

I'm also imagining a toothpaste aisle filled with shelves from top to bottom and only one level of toothpaste on each shelf :)

Ah, a Greatland. Somebody didn't put on the top bracket that locks the endcap board to the gondola..... tsk tsk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back