Archived How many coachings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently got a written coaching over a compliance issue and yesterday I got verbal coaching and got pulled into the HR office basically what happened was a team meamber was being rude ( it was off the clock in the breakroom) I mumbled shut the **** up and apparently they heard it. My HR it was very uncalled for and I said he was being very rude and I he said I do not care if he was being rude you do not curse on the clock off the clock we do not curse at Target! He told me it was going to be a written coaching and it scared the living daylights out of me considering I just got a compliance written coaching so I expected to get the written coaching to be written out when I when went on my next break nothing...... I saw him as I was leaving nothing.....So my question is this was it actually a written coaching or a verbal coaching and how many coachings do I get before I get a final?? I am getting worried...... My one co-worker said he got several coachings ( he was in market ) He finally got tired of butting heads with the TL who have him so many coachings he asked to be put in the backroom. I am not sure who to believe the market guy who went to the backroom or just it depend on if you are in the line of fire as the say? Basically if they want you out.....

:spiteful: Yes in a Jerry Mcguire world i'd love to say that but I still need my job and of course still need other places to hire me too but yes,yes I would love to tell my HR take this job and shove it and curse him out and anyone else I wouldn't get hired anyplace else. I am lucky I am hanging on to this one..... The job market is tough believe me well at least in my neck of the woods it is my cousin is still doing temp work after 2 years she applied different retail places last year and pretty much anyplace that will hire her she still can't find a job she has stuck with a temp job that pretty much only needs her when they need her.

Don't worry about the coaching though really... You probably just have 2 Counsellings which means youre not really close to getting fired. If you get a 3rd CCA you will have to sign a Multi-CCA form that puts you on Automatic Final Warning for all CCA.

Also, what you do at Target has ZERO impact on getting any other job. Target management is prohibited from giving out any information about you other than employment verification. I walked out on my store, and Walmart hired me with open arms.

Also, CCA are categorized:

They have categories such as Performance (attendance falls here too i think, at least at my store), Compliance, Conduct.. Not sure what else.

In order for a Counselling CCA to advance to final warning, it has to be in the SAME CATEGORY as a previous offense. Or if you have 3 Active CCA then youre auto-final.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, must have some anal ass ETL's. I often curse around my TLs and they curse as well. Obviously its never towards another TM, but still.. damn.

Thanks you have been alot of help! I just have to be on my best behavior from now on:buba:and not tick anyone off or go into anymore meal violations. I think to my ETL was having one those my life sucks days and I am going to chew out somebody day and I happened to be in his crosshairs because he has his moments where he can be hey what's up guys chatting everyone up and then there are those days where he doesn't glance at you and he was in one of those moods if someone does something stupid I am going to write up someone lucky me:wacko:

Last edited:
...does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

That's what I really wanted this thread to say lol

It may be under conduct. I wouldn't worry too much about it. You can get verbal coachings all day everyday, but until they actually start documenting coachings (which is supposed to happen everytime, but oftentimes doesn't) I wouldn't worry. I don't think you'll get fired for dropping the f-bomb offstage. I've heard much worse lol.

While I've gotten 2 verbal coachings about being to work and at the front lanes before 8:00am, I have yet to sign any paperwork. I'm guessing that, until they make me sign something I'm not going to worry about corrective action. Am I correct in my assumption?

I was talking to one my co-workers in the breakroom about my situation and she said oh he got chewed out by the STL so he is really coming down hard on everyone I wouldn't worry about it. I said so basically he isn't going to be happy guy that we had for the last couple of weeks? Nope.... He will be tougher and more stricter everyone needs to watch their backs. I have to go the extra mile now and be on my best behavior you never know who will be on the chopping block watch my back indeed.

This is sort of off-topic but you'd be amazed what you can get in trouble for. A team member was on the bus as we were both en route to work. She was trying to talk to me, I ignored her but I also had my headphones in, she complained, and I was coached for not being very brand. They acknowledged that while I was off the clock it could still affect our working relationship on the clock and increase tension.

Similar thing happened at my old job. A customer saw me at the mall, asked if the new flyer was any good, I told them I didn't know and I was in a rush and I'd see them later, they complained to management, and I got in trouble. I was reminded that while I was not in uniform and while they agreed I had nothing on me to identify me as an employee I was still not very professional because I was recognized as being an employee. They said my lack of respect could make the company look bad and I was reminded to be on my best behavior off the clock when I'm recognized as working there. Wonder if that would be held up in court if I was fired for such a reason?

This is sort of off-topic but you'd be amazed what you can get in trouble for. A team member was on the bus as we were both en route to work. She was trying to talk to me, I ignored her but I also had my headphones in, she complained, and I was coached for not being very brand. They acknowledged that while I was off the clock it could still affect our working relationship on the clock and increase tension.

Similar thing happened at my old job. A customer saw me at the mall, asked if the new flyer was any good, I told them I didn't know and I was in a rush and I'd see them later, they complained to management, and I got in trouble. I was reminded that while I was not in uniform and while they agreed I had nothing on me to identify me as an employee I was still not very professional because I was recognized as being an employee. They said my lack of respect could make the company look bad and I was reminded to be on my best behavior off the clock when I'm recognized as working there. Wonder if that would be held up in court if I was fired for such a reason?

Oh yeah.... Those were definitely uncalled for coachings, and if they fired you for it, you could really stick it to them.

When you're off the clock/not in uniform, they can't coach you for "ignoring" another TM, as long as you didn't go out of your way to harass/verbally abuse them in some way.

Also, for the customer thing, that would be considered WORKING OFF THE CLOCK if you're discussing work questions with customers. Your ETL-HR could lose her job.

Also, for the customer thing, that would be considered WORKING OFF THE CLOCK if you're discussing work questions with customers. Your ETL-HR could lose her job.

This. Representing your work (i.e. anything you do on behalf of your work) while off the clock is working off the clock.

I always try to remember my temper when I walk into the store (especially in uniform)....especially with all the people that we have in the area that have those special exemptions that say they can ignore the 4 huge stop signs we have out front and go through them at about 30 miles an hour.....

I always try to remember my temper when I walk into the store (especially in uniform)....especially with all the people that we have in the area that have those special exemptions that say they can ignore the 4 huge stop signs we have out front and go through them at about 30 miles an hour.....

Yep, got them down here too.
Sometimes going thru the parking lot is a lot like playing "frogger".

"If you can dodge traffic, then you can dodge a ball!"

"If you can dodge traffic, then you can dodge a ball!"[/QUOTE]

Thats funny, my ETL saturday night was saying "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!".....of course, she was talking about ad takedown, but I think I would have preferred to been hit by a wrench.

I've been required to sign a form for non-compliance twice now (I work backroom, we were super busy, missed lunch by 5 minutes each time). What do those count towards?

If you are out of compliance three times within 90 days (I think) you can go to a final.
One mistake (and I mean anything) from there would mean termination.
Because of state laws they are graded heavily on compliance.
Don't miss that.

I've definitely been more careful lately, even if it means leaving pulls for the LOD to do. Better than me getting fired.

If you are out of compliance three times within 90 days (I think) you can go to a final.
One mistake (and I mean anything) from there would mean termination.
Because of state laws they are graded heavily on compliance.
Don't miss that.

I just got a final for compliance (second violation.) If I'm out of compliance once in the next year, it is termination.

Sounds like they want you gone. I've had 2or3 discussions over 4 years and never saw a cca.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back