Archived how many days are you allowed to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
So im working sun-Friday
And my store wants me to work Christmas eve but im wondering if im allowed because I would be working 7 days straight
I live in CA
My store also said they dont mind paying overtime

In Cali, I think it is mandatory OT, but not sure if there is a limit to the number of days straight in addition. Probably not, but they should know at your store. They wouldn't likely do something that would get them in trouble.

In CA 1st 8 hrs of 7th day worked consecutively is time and a half. Any hours over 8 on that day is double time.

Google has answers to your questions.
so i lose money if i'm not in california !!
also hate that my state is so cheap with the minimum... even though my store is number 1 in our district !!

can i keep a tally of all the times i've lost money and get a good lawyer ??

so i lose money if i'm not in california !!
also hate that my state is so cheap with the minimum... even though my store is number 1 in our district !!

can i keep a tally of all the times i've lost money and get a good lawyer ??
This is ridiculous. Who exactly are you going to sue?
You understand the differences in cost of living between states right?
Also CA has probably the most pro employee labor laws in the country.

This is ridiculous. Who exactly are you going to sue?
You understand the differences in cost of living between states right?
Also CA has probably the most pro employee labor laws in the country.
well i'm doing the same job, same amount of work as a PA in california if not more in my state, so why not pay me the same for the same amount of work ?

well i'm doing the same job, same amount of work as a PA in california if not more in my state, so why not pay me the same for the same amount of work ?
They are following California labor laws in California, and Pennsylvania labor laws in Pennsylvania... There is nothing to sue anyone for. Move to California if you prefer their laws.

You would be really pissed in my state where our 16 year old cashiers make 13 an hour.

Then again a one bedroom in my area is 1600-1800 so its all relative.
Southern California here, you can't find a studio apartment for under $1,300/month. And working 40 hours as a PA, I barely bring home $600 a check.

The longest I've worked is 12 days in a row. Monday through Saturday, Sunday through Friday. Technicalities are fun.

So im working sun-Friday
And my store wants me to work Christmas eve but im wondering if im allowed because I would be working 7 days straight
I live in CA
My store also said they dont mind paying overtime
Check with HR. Depends on your state.

Why even work that much

I mean come on

Yeah I dont agree with you often but it doesnt make much sense especially if you are not getting 8 hours days each time. I would rather work one 8 hour day then two 4 hour days.

Why even work that much

I mean come on

My rationale was I had my Target job (for four years at that point) and then also had an internship in my field. Internship was going well, but I didn't know if it would continue. At Target I was working Sat-Tues 6-Midnight, so I could keep both jobs and have Target if I didn't get picked up.

I did get picked full time... and now I'm at Target once a week

Yeah I dont agree with you often but it doesnt make much sense especially if you are not getting 8 hours days each time. I would rather work one 8 hour day then two 4 hour days.

I think we'd all like 8hr days and less of them but that's not often what's available, especially when hours go down. Though it would be nice if they could schedule like that.

I think we'd all like 8hr days and less of them but that's not often what's available, especially when hours go down. Though it would be nice if they could schedule like that.
Its funny other companies that ive worked for thought it was stupid that we work 6 day weeks and still only get 35hr but hey spot doesn't care if your there longer aslong as your around every day

But the OP said they worked 47 days in a row. They obviously werent lacking hours just sounds like they were getting continous short shifts.

But the OP said they worked 47 days in a row. They obviously werent lacking hours just sounds like they were getting continous short shifts.
For the record they were 10-14hour shifts. I don't roll out of bed for led than 6hrs and it's been four years since I've had a shift shorter than 7.

I worked my 40hr schedule plus later those days in the same work center. Other two I did long shifts in a different work center. If spot wants to pay me overtime and as much as I want...I'm going to get shit done for once.

You would be really pissed in my state where our 16 year old cashiers make 13 an hour.

Then again a one bedroom in my area is 1600-1800 so its all relative.
I know I can't believe what minimum wage in Seattle is, I went to a McDonald's there last summer and saw their starting wage was 13.00, in Portland it's 9.75, but going up to 11 in July.

I know I can't believe what minimum wage in Seattle is, I went to a McDonald's there last summer and saw their starting wage was 13.00, in Portland it's 9.75, but going up to 11 in July.

Well it is expensive as fuck to live there.. In some places $1300 for a studio apartment so you better pay decently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back