Archived How many Electronic Keys does your store have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Doesn't prevent it from happening once in a while. I've heard about almost every BRTM taking a key home at some point. I got into the routine of patting myself down as I'm punching out to make sure it doesn't happen to me.
Haha yeah i always pat myself down at the end of the day to make sure i'm not taking anything home.

We have 4 which is not enough during Q4 when we have 2 electronics TMs for most of the day. Especially on tuesdays that becomes stretched thin because we aren't allowed to touch the one for BR etc.

Doesn't the door alarm go off if you walk out with one?
The electronics keys seemed to do it on their own and our LP TL put magnetic tags on all the other keys to make them do the same thing.

If they're fully functional, yes. Only keys that have an S3 go off at my store, none of the others have a tag. But my store doesn't care if people take keys out the door. I've taken the keys out to go get coffee on lunch and when I walked out the sensors beeped and so I just waved at the TPS who said "S3?" And when I said "Yes" he said "proceed unmolested"

I looked closer at the key box today and we actually also have 2 GSTL and one TLOD set that each have a magnet key. I assume those also have keys to the stockroom and cases.

I don't see why a GSTL would need to open the electronics lock-ups. The only reason they get a magnetic key is to open Blu-Ray cases at the front end if the cashiers and service desk don't have their own magnetic keys.

Our work ones in a while. I actually think the magent in the Ekey interferes with the tag that makes the alarm go off. When I combined the BRkey and Ekeys, they never go off when I go to lunch. Are we even allowed to take keys to lunch, no one has said anything?
Holding them above the gates prevents beeping. Gsa doing carry outs or covering electronics/all salesfloor during storms we've had to take them outside...

Yup. Doesn't prevent it from happening once in a while. I've heard about almost every BRTM taking a key home at some point. I got into the routine of patting myself down as I'm punching out to make sure it doesn't happen to me.
I've took equipment keys home (before I had my own) and never had a issue. Called in and told them, they told me to just bring them back my next shift.

Electronic keys however I was told to immediately bring them back. Didn't matter if I was already home or not.

I don't see why a GSTL would need to open the electronics lock-ups. The only reason they get a magnetic key is to open Blu-Ray cases at the front end if the cashiers and service desk don't have their own magnetic keys.
I guess I assumed they did because they have a key to open the lockbox (which seems kind of unnecessary), and I can't think of what else they would need to unlock besides the cabinets under the GS counter.

I guess I assumed they did because they have a key to open the lockbox (which seems kind of unnecessary), and I can't think of what else they would need to unlock besides the cabinets under the GS counter.

Right...having keys to open the lockbox isn't necessary until a fellow TM needs keys....

we have 2 at my store.
1 goes to the electronics TM
1 goes to the Logistics

Right...having keys to open the lockbox isn't necessary until a fellow TM needs keys....
Oh it's convenient...when they are not busy (which seems like never). But if GSTL/GSAs are supposed to be watching the front end, it's kind of hard to do when they have to go through the door to the TM area, down the hall, around a corner, into the TMSC area, unlock the box and then watch the TM sign out the keys.

Actually I guess it's not very convenient for anyone to do...

Oh it's convenient...when they are not busy (which seems like never). But if GSTL/GSAs are supposed to be watching the front end, it's kind of hard to do when they have to go through the door to the TM area, down the hall, around a corner, into the TMSC area, unlock the box and then watch the TM sign out the keys.

Actually I guess it's not very convenient for anyone to do...

Ah. Our lock box is at guest services.

It varies on the store. at AP perspective. 1st store I had, we assigned keys out permanently to team members, BR had lockup/cage. receiving, wave, and baler, AP team member had access to everything but main door......etc....... Had 2 lockbox's one for dayside 6 electronics sets (m0re for 4th quarter), overnight key box had 4 electronics sets. The 2nd store I was at, even AP had to check out my keys. Even though more people had keys at my 1st store, we had much better compliance and security. 2nd store had 4 sets of electronics keys, total. Like other posts I have had posted, old school AP beats the AP we have now. To many people have their hands in Assets Protection to be effective.

Not sure if AP hides extra sets somewhere at our store, but there's three sets in the keybox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back