Archived How many electronics shifts do you have to have before you become a full electronics TM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalesFloorSylph

Got any extra peghooks?
So ever since one of the electronics TMs changed her availability I've been getting a huge increase in opening electronics shifts. I've been seeing more of them every week and at this point I get up to three of them each week. Seriously my schedule for next week is 50% opening electronics.
I'm not complaining though. Even though I prefer to close in softlines, I like opening electronics because I usually get to do sales planners in entertainment which I enjoy.
I suppose you can't be a an official electronics team member if you only open there and close in softlines though? I'm sure if they wanted me to become an electronics TM they would at least have to communicate with me about that but as we all know, Target fucking sucks at communication :D

Over %50 of your total shifts in the electronics work center. So if you are working 4 days and three are electronics. Start talking about the pay bump..

I'm probably gonna have to look at my paycheck and see if there's a difference. I'm sure they'd at least tell me if they wanted me to be an electronics opener but I may have to talk about it with them first

They won't just pay you. You will have to fight for it. We have had people get stuck in the backroom but paid as salesfloor for months on end. They had to pay him the difference but then stopped putting him in the backroom. He quit pretty quick after that.
Oh right I forgot. Spot is run by penny pinchers :rolleyes:

At 50% of your shifts in a pay period they have to pay you at that rate. If they're doing that consistently, ask about doing the learning plan to get formally trained and keyed as electronics.
It's funny because I never recieved proper training the first time I got a shift there (someone called out and I got a basic crash course on how to use the keys by the Target mobile dude). I pretty much learned everything on my own and it's been a year now so it wouldn't hurt to ask about a learning plan then haha

Same thing has been happening to me, I started getting electronics shifts at the end of August without asking (Usually hardlines) and 80 to 90 percent of my shifts have been electronics now. Haven't really had any formal training just shown how to run basic things back there. Apparently our new HR found out that I hadn't been trained back there and wasn't too happy about it. So I got some more "training" which did help. Haven't asked about the pay bump but thinking I should because I keep getting shifts there. So basically I would have to change "workcenters" to get the pay bump? The GSTL heard about me not getting the training and asked me about it and asked if I got the pay bump and I said no. Also can't seem to get my breaks covered back there but that's another story lol. Had the LOD do it yesterday because there was no one else on the floor lol.

Yeah that's the hard part about opening. It's mostly only the flow team there at first and none of them know how to use the keys. Instocks usually covers my breaks because sometimes they have to scan stuff there anyway but they usually come in a little later than I do

If your stores are anything like mine, you don't get electronics training. We throw you into the deep end and you either sink or swim.
Hahahahaaa I think there was proper training at one point but not anymore it seems. Now it just goes like "hey the electronics tm called out lemme show ya how to use the keys and unlock spider wrap"

Hahahahaaa I think there was proper training at one point but not anymore it seems. Now it just goes like "hey the electronics tm called out lemme show ya how to use the keys and unlock spider wrap"
At my store, if you're electronics and you call out, you better have a damn good reason or the other electronics TMs will eat you alive when they find out.

At my store, if you're electronics and you call out, you better have a damn good reason or the other electronics TMs will eat you alive when they find out.
And if you have a reputation for calling out a lot for silly reasons you will get roasted every day by the entire salesfloor behind your back xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back