Archived How Many Hours Are You Now Getting?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im a backroom team member and i still get 40 hrs per week. btw i was also told our store is going to become a super target soon which is rather exciting! Anybody here work at one? Do they extend the store because ours is pretty big already!

I work at a Super Target and I love it. Some regular targets are still fairly big but when they mean super target, this sometimes means they will be adding to it as far as the type of merchandise your will be carrying. We are a Super Target and our store is HUGEEEEE and we are in the process of having a garden section next to mini seasonal. You will like it more as a super target vs just a target. There is more opportunity to cross train, which I highly recommend. We just did our seasonal hiring and the TM we decided to keep I have had them cross training at the service desk (just for backup purposes) and depending on how slow it is, I will get them a walkie and an LPDA and have them working on strays in hardlines. :)

Im a backroom team member and i still get 40 hrs per week. btw i was also told our store is going to become a super target soon which is rather exciting! Anybody here work at one? Do they extend the store because ours is pretty big already!

I'm jealous, I always wanted to work at a Super but my little rinky-dink town doesn't really merit one. I'm guessing they have extra hours to hand out due to the expansion? Enjoy, the rest of us are scrambling for hours now that the holidays are over. I think I am down to 23 on the most recent schedule, down from 40 almost every week during December.

yea my schedule is a roller coaster ride too. loll && don't be jealous, as much as I love my store, we have a sister store like 10 mins away that is a regular target that I wouldn't mind working at here n there. They only have like 10 CL's. I am jealous of them sometimes. Especially when it comes to fixing the dang things. If it's not a hand scanner it's a card reader with a mind of it's own. My GSTL and I send out more equipment then we do overriding.

Especially when it comes to fixing the dang things. If it's not a hand scanner it's a card reader with a mind of it's own. My GSTL and I send out more equipment then we do overriding.

We used to have a GSTL that could actually fix the registers/peripherals/almost everything in the store by himself. But then a hardlines TL quit so he moved to hardlines. And now we have to use everything until it's totally dead because the store won't replace anything.

yea I can pretty much fix all the CL's, if it's something I can't do I put in a work order for it, let our STF know about it and he escalates it to a higher power. Then tech. will come out. But this only happens if we have done all we could as far as rebooting, troubleshooting, etc. The only thing that is starting to get to me is the GSTL LPDA acting up. Every time the closing GSTL/GSA goes with the LOD into the CO, we lock the GSTL LPDA in there. But in the morning, the opening/ overnight LOD ends up taking it and it ALWAYS comes back to us broken. Our STL wont approve any more equipment ordering, we basically have to work with what we have. At least we have enough walkies. Each dept. has their own, and the service desk locks theirs up. Kinda sad that we have to hide our stuff because other TM's are irresponsible...When we were approved for 6 more LPDA's, we had a total of 23...we are now down to 6... I stayed the other night with my ETL-GE an extra hour to close the store and finish the strays of carts she promised our STL would be gone in the morning and we were talking about how it is sad that all of this money is being spent to get more equipment and it just "disappears". I told her that I have heard rumors that TM's are selling it on eBAY and stuff like that. She said she has heard the same thing. Not too sure whats going on with that but yea.... sucks not having a working LPDA, especially when I need to listen out for alerts. Sometimes the LOD lets me use theirs but has me sign in as the LOD to listen out for their alerts as well as mine.

We used to have a GSTL that could actually fix the registers/peripherals/almost everything in the store by himself. But then a hardlines TL quit so he moved to hardlines. And now we have to use everything until it's totally dead because the store won't replace anything.

I am seasonal, but I still had 23 hours last week, 25 hours this week, and 27 hours next week. Jan. 15th onward isn't posted yet.

I give the same advice to you as I did the other TM.. reference my message to them. Good luck

yea I can pretty much fix all the CL's, if it's something I can't do I put in a work order for it, let our STF know about it and he escalates it to a higher power. Then tech. will come out. But this only happens if we have done all we could as far as rebooting, troubleshooting, etc. The only thing that is starting to get to me is the GSTL LPDA acting up. Every time the closing GSTL/GSA goes with the LOD into the CO, we lock the GSTL LPDA in there. But in the morning, the opening/ overnight LOD ends up taking it and it ALWAYS comes back to us broken. Our STL wont approve any more equipment ordering, we basically have to work with what we have. At least we have enough walkies. Each dept. has their own, and the service desk locks theirs up. Kinda sad that we have to hide our stuff because other TM's are irresponsible...When we were approved for 6 more LPDA's, we had a total of 23...we are now down to 6... I stayed the other night with my ETL-GE an extra hour to close the store and finish the strays of carts she promised our STL would be gone in the morning and we were talking about how it is sad that all of this money is being spent to get more equipment and it just "disappears". I told her that I have heard rumors that TM's are selling it on eBAY and stuff like that. She said she has heard the same thing. Not too sure whats going on with that but yea.... sucks not having a working LPDA, especially when I need to listen out for alerts. Sometimes the LOD lets me use theirs but has me sign in as the LOD to listen out for their alerts as well as mine.

Ever since someone at my store got caught stealing equipment a couple years ago, our cabinet is always locked. Only HR and LODs can open it, and everything must be signed out. Other than our ETL-HR (who doesn't care about anything), our leadership is very strict about this.

Also, I was under the impression that Imerzan was talking about hours, not PDAs lol. That would be nice though, having that much equipment. I don't think we even have that many walkies.

hahaha he was talking about hours then it got into fixing things with the CL's and then equipment...etc... its 2 am here loll leave me alone. :p

&& Our store is the same way. Only the ETL's, GSTL's/GSA's AND HR can open the equipment room. It is always locked and everything is to be signed out and signed back in except for the service desk walkie(which is locked in the drawer @ the service desk) and the service desk LPDA and GSTL LPDA which is locked in the cash office every night. We have more then enough walkies. I believe each dept. has 4 walkies. except softlines, they have 5 because of the oporator. and hardlines, they also have 5 because electronics has their own and over by the boat they have a battery charging station for both walkie batteries and LPDA batteries. loll

Last edited:
yea I know. I can't believe I just found out about this site. I love how I can vent and actually talk to target tm's tl's and other GSA's and not my own. Although I love my fellow TM's, thete only so much you can talk about without it being "branded".

Funny how these threads always seem to go off on tangents. :D

yea I know. I can't believe I just found out about this site. I love how I can vent and actually talk to target tm's tl's and other GSA's and not my own. Although I love my fellow TM's, thete only so much you can talk about without it being "branded".
You will learn alot too. Just search our threads & ck out our forums.
Welcome!

I had started out with only 2 days and 13.5 hrs for those 2 days. Picked up two shifts and brought it up to 28.5. Then got called in for Monday and Wednesday so I'm going to end up with 38.5 hrs for this week:dance3:. I may not be able to do that again for awhile but it was nice for this week. The only down side is I ended up with just one day off.

I've averaged 25 hours the last two weeks when I was getting 35-40 with mostly cart shifts. They have tried calling me in twice, but admittedly, if I'm scheduled off, I tend not to go to sleep early (went last night a little after 3am), and they tend to call me before 8am. I don't care who it is, I am going to try and get some sleep.

I actually talked to my etl today about my hours. He said if my hours ever drop from 40 he will schedule me for the floor and i can push cafs and help the backroom if need be :dance3:

You will learn alot too. Just search our threads & ck out our forums.
Welcome!

I've definitely learned a lot. I was supposed to be trained in hardlines last summer, and I've learned more here about the sales floor than I have from the two days of "training" I had in December.

I've definitely learned a lot. I was supposed to be trained in hardlines last summer, and I've learned more here about the sales floor than I have from the two days of "training" I had in December.
Get the sf learning plan done & off the lanes you go. I'll take you.

Get the sf learning plan done & off the lanes you go. I'll take you.

Thanks, HLM. I'd like to at some point, though I'm not looking to abandon the front end permanently. I was hoping my training would be done by now so I could get hours (or pick up shifts) in both workcenters instead of only 8 hours per week cashing (even with decent availability despite having another job).

I got around 26 this week, but hey at least I'm giving up my weekends to work part time hours. :wacko:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back