Archived How many LODs does it take...

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off ..
Hi, Katiebugg, welcome to The Break Room.

I'm almost tempted to go in and edit the thread to change it from LOD to ETL because I'm sure that's what Katiebugg meant and there are going to be a bunch of people sniping at her "that there is only one LOD, don't you know anything?'.
ETLs tend to swarm.
They will break up any group of TMs but have to travel in each others back pockets.

My ETL-Softlines and ETL-AP were great at cleaning up spills!

First off ..

I'm almost tempted to go in and edit the thread to change it from LOD to ETL because I'm sure that's what Katiebugg meant and there are going to be a bunch of people sniping at her "that there is only one LOD, don't you know anything?'.

At our store some nights we have 2 LOD's.

In my case when I was Cart Attendant at one store.

How many TMs does it take to clean a spill...

One TM to call over the walkie to report the spill to the CA.
One TM to push a cart over the spill.
One TM to guard the cart over the spill until the spilled is cleaned up by the CA.
The entire store to walk past the spill.
One CA at the far end of the parking trying to push enough carts to both sides of the store. And then walk to the other side of the store and gets to cleaning the spill 15-20 minutes after it was first reported.

In my case when I was Cart Attendant at one store.

How many TMs does it take to clean a spill...

One TM to call over the walkie to report the spill to the CA.
One TM to push a cart over the spill.
One TM to guard the cart over the spill until the spilled is cleaned up by the CA.
The entire store to walk past the spill.
One CA at the far end of the parking trying to push enough carts to both sides of the store. And then walk to the other side of the store and gets to cleaning the spill 15-20 minutes after it was first reported.

We just call over the walkie for help with a spill and someone will get whatever is needed and go help. The initial tm will just stand by the spill. Except for the other night when someone opened and spilled the blueberries in produce. I called over the walkie and NOONE responded. I just got down and put the whole ones back in the container. Then a really nice guest got down on his knees and helped me. I thanked him a lot. Just got a paper towel to clean up the few that had gotten crushed.

First off ..

/me gets out the chalk board and starts writing.

Not all stores are the same, not all stores are the same,
not all stores are the same, not all stores are the same,

Etc. etc. Ad nauseum.

Sorry, sometimes I forget.
Now if a lot more people would do that.

Last edited:
I usually just cleaned up most spills myself, since 9 times out of 10 its from a cashier calling me over.... Forget calling the CA.

First off ..
Hi, Katiebugg, welcome to The Break Room.

ETLs tend to swarm.
They will break up any group of TMs but have to travel in each others back pockets.

We're TOTALLY walking the floor .... not talking about lunch plans. *eyeroll*

First off ..

*facepalm* No you don't. There is only one LOD regardless of you many people in the building COULD be the LOD. At any given moment there is 1 LOD. Someone could cover if the LOD has to use the restroom or take a call or leave the building. Regardless, 1 LOD at a time. LOD = Leader On Duty.

Last edited:
First off ..

*facepalm* No you don't. There is only one LOD regardless of you many people in the building COULD be the LOD. At any given moment there is 1 LOD. Someone could cover if the LOD has to use the restroom or take a call or leave the building. Regardless, 1 LOD at a time. LOD = Leader On Duty.

Sorry, but we have two LODs every night. The exception is when one of the regularly scheduled LODs has chosen to take a day off so then we have a TLOD as well. And yes, they ARE calling themselves LODs. It may be improper terminology in your mind, but that's what my store calls them. I guess we are high enough volume that one Leader doesn't suffice - too much ground to cover for one body so they share the duties.

Children children, it's quite possible that the ETL's and TL's in our buildings DONT KNOW WHAT WORDS MEAN.

My store sometimes has two closing ETLs and both answer for LOD calls. I don't know which one is the actual LOD but they both call themselves LOD.
I'm guessing it's so they don't have to explain the term LOD to TMs.

omg has anyone ever annoyed an ETL by calling them a TL?
"Team Lead BOB"
"I'm sorry did you just call me Team Lead? It's ETL or LOD"

And this is why I got out the chalk board.

My store is not different. Everyone else's store is different.

When I go in to close, there's a board in the TMC that lists the LODs for the evening. There is only one LOD dayside because we have 400 (may be an exaggeration) ETLs there to share the duties. At night there are two LODs or one LOD (ETL) and one TLOD (a TL).

Insightful1's store may be different. My store is not. So there. pbbbbttttt

There is only one LOD. Ever. Period. There may be other TL's or ETL's or S. TL's, but there is only one LOD. One person in charge. NO ifs ands or buts. Period. Sorry, folks.

Last edited:
There is only one LOD. Ever. Period. There may be other TL's, or ETL's or SR. TL's, but there is only one LOD. One person in charge. NO ifs ands or but. Period. Sorry, folks.

I disagree. But that's okay. You can play in your yard. I'll play in mine. As far as taking my ball and going home, you can keep it. It has a leak.

Why do we call GSTLs GSTLs but we call all the other TLs just TL Bob? I know I'm special, but I don't need that constant reminder. ;)

I've seen that theres a few ETLs that like to delegate the stupid stuff, a few weeks back, one of them couldn't even bend over to pick something off the floor, they had to find someone to do it for them. :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back