Archived How many miles do you commute to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
17.3 miles and according to google is supposed to take me 21 minutes. Thanks to driving the interstate and driving behind the shopping plaza (avoiding traffic and red lights), it's closer to 15 minutes. At least in the mornings. When I have a (very) rare evening shift, the last mile will sometimes take 10 minutes alone as that stretch of road is not wide enough to account for all the expansions in the area of the past several years. Granted, my last evening shift was before I started driving behind the plaza, so maybe that won't be as bad next time?

half mile, I still drive, takes me less than 5 minutes to get to work. I talk to people at work about this and some cashiers spend an hour by bus (passing closer Targets) to get to work to make minimum wage. I don't get why.

some cashiers spend an hour by bus (passing closer Targets) to get to work to make minimum wage. I don't get why.
Maybe they can't afford the upkeep on a car: monthly payments, insurance, repairs when needed, availability of parking where they live, etc.

11 miles coming home from work, 12.5 going to work because I have to go an extra mile and a half to get to the on-ramp. It takes me 20 minutes during my regular commute times (09:30 or 14:30), but that balloons to 45+ minutes if I start after 4pm or before 9am.

When I was at target: 21 miles, about 25 mins-half an hour each way. Sometimes I worked at other stores training or covering shifts, the longest commute I ever had was 45 minutes and the shortest was less than a minute (there was literally a Target next door to where I lived that I very occasionally covered).

My current job I work at multiple stores, some of which are over an hour away from where I live. However, I am paid for the mileage, so I don't mind at all.

My hopefully future job is about 500 miles away, or an 8 hour drive, but I'm not planning on commuting that every day :p.

3 miles. 4-5 minutes on a good day. 9-10 if there's traffic or weather issues.

My Target is .4 miles miles from my day job - but 14 miles from my home. Very short commute on the weekdays - 25 minutes on the weekends.

Don't know how many miles it took to get to work, but depending on what bus line I took, it took 25-30 minutes on the Express Line, and 45-54 Minutes on the Standard lines.

9 miles and takes about 12 minutes to go to work at 3.45am.(I go in at 4am) and 20 minutes on the way to home. Same distance, more traffic at 9am.

9 miles and takes about 12 minutes to go to work at 3.45am.(I go in at 4am) and 20 minutes on the way to home. Same distance, more traffic at 9am.
I absolutely hated leaving after 4pm during 4th quarter because of the damn rush hour traffic. 5 minutes to get to work at 4 am...20+ minutes to get home at 4pm.

A whopping 2.2 miles, mostly just getting out of my neighborhood. I can push that out to 2.5 miles if it's a really nice day and I want to take the "scenic" route.

It's good, and bad. It's good that it's a short commute when the weather is crappy, it's easily doable when I have/want to walk, and I could literally go for well over a month without buying gas if I don't go anywhere else. It's bad when the weather is awesome and I'd like to spend just a little more time outside on my motorbike.

FM radio reply:
Whoa come with me now- Congos
American woman- Lenny Kravitz
an ad for The crazy gun dealer (beat our deal and we'll give you the gun)
Kick-start my heart- Motley Crue
Boys of summer-Eagles
ad for some no name diploma mill
Money for nothing-Dire Straits
Eruption pretty woman-Van Halen

About that long. :p

FM radio reply:
Whoa come with me now- Congos
American woman- Lenny Kravitz
an ad for The crazy gun dealer (beat our deal and we'll give you the gun)
Kick-start my heart- Motley Crue
Boys of summer-Eagles
ad for some no name diploma mill
Money for nothing-Dire Straits
Eruption pretty woman-Van Halen

About that long. :p

Riding my bike, I put my songs alphabetical by name as a way of shuffling.
I think this was Friday.

Pieces of Truth - Foxboro Hot Tubs
Pig Picking - Southern Culture on the Skids
Pigs in Zen - Jane's Addiction
Pilgrim - Wolfmother
Pills - New York Dolls
Pinhead - The Ramones
Pink Elephant - Cherry Poppin' Daddies
Pipebomb on the Lansdowne - Dropkick Murphys
Pistol Grip Pump - Rage Against the Machine
Pistol Packin Motha Fucker - Hank Williams III
Pitbull Terrier - Die Antwoord
Pity for the Pious - KMFDM
Place in my Heart - Social Distortion

5 miles takes about 10 minutes to get to work

About 9 miles, but it can take anywhere between 15-35 minutes to drive, depending on (too much!) traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back