Archived How many pa's does your store have

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work at a Super and we literally have 1 food assistant (which I'm assuming is our equivalent to PA) even though we have 1 TL each for Grocery, Bakery, Produce, and Deli. They've decided to eliminate the food assistant positions and our one was simply grandfathered in. Now there's no stepping stone in the food areas between TM and TL... which means we have TLs who either have no help leading their team or they're forcing a "favorite" TM to take on more responsibility than they're being paid for. (That's how I see it, anyway... and it has already led to TMs resenting other TMs because they're being "bossed around" by someone on the same level as them.)

Edit: From what I've gathered reading here for some time, though, is that 1 or 2 PAs is pretty normal... and 100% unreasonable for many stores.

we have 2 - (40 hour a week PAs) and 2 - (16 hours a week as a PA).

We have increased our sales in pfresh by 30% in the last year, we are number 1 in our district and we have increased bakery by 50% !!

We are a pfresh store volume AAA and get a FDC truck 4 days a week.

We have 1 PA and 1 CTL. No consumables TMs.

We have Four all at 40 hours per week, our store makes about $120,000 on a normal day,
Old store had one and another cross trained just to fill in and they had maybe 30 hours if they were lucky.

Food Assistant/ Perishable Assistant/Perishable Expert, whatever you want to call it. Each Food department has one except for Produce. Of which has 2 Perishable Assistant. Starbucks does have one but we have an AST Certificated Barista (More or less the SB version of a PA) that got the same pay raise as a PA.

Super Target MN
Starbucks - 1 TL + 1 AST
Meat - 1 TL + 1 PA (Floats between Meat & Dairy/Frozen)
Produce - 1 TL + 2 PA
Deli - 1 TL + 1 PA
Bakery - 1 TL + 1 PA
Dairy/Frozen - 1 TL + 1 PA
Market (Consumables) - 2 TL

No Food Ave. replaced with Domico & Son's Restaurant.

A volume Pfresh, I have 3 PAs. 2 as close to full time as I can get them and 1 who's second job is Target.

My store definitely somewhere top 20 in country in terms of volume. We get a FDC truck every single night. Our biggest FDC of the season was 2800 LOL! Recently we've been getting 500-1400 a night in January. We have 5 P.A.'s on rotating schedules. Edit: P.A.'s are all overnight.

Last edited:
Food Assistant/ Perishable Assistant/Perishable Expert, whatever you want to call it. Each Food department has one except for Produce. Of which has 2 Perishable Assistant. Starbucks does have one but we have an AST Certificated Barista (More or less the SB version of a PA) that got the same pay raise as a PA.

Super Target MN
Starbucks - 1 TL + 1 AST
Meat - 1 TL + 1 PA (Floats between Meat & Dairy/Frozen)
Produce - 1 TL + 2 PA
Deli - 1 TL + 1 PA
Bakery - 1 TL + 1 PA
Dairy/Frozen - 1 TL + 1 PA
Market (Consumables) - 2 TL

No Food Ave. replaced with Domico & Son's Restaurant.
This is insane to me. My old store had 1 PA and 1 TL, who also owned HBA/Chem/Pets, Office/Stat/Kitchen, and Seasonal. That was a high B volume store.

My store has 2 PAs, 3-4 dedicated Consumables TMs, and a Sr. HLTL in charge of PFresh. AA Volume PFresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back