Archived How many people have you seen buy/ask for Adele's album?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adele's 25 is set to have the highest opening first week of all time (+2.5M) and half a million of that total is coming from Target retailers.

I heard a cashier say that every 10 guests she encountered on release date were purchasing the album.

First post, btw! Sorry if in wrong section.

Welcome to The Break Room.

Did she do a special edition for Target?

Welcome to The Break Room.

Did she do a special edition for Target?

Thank you! Have been lurking for awhile.

And yeah, she has like 12 commercials in rotation + every corner of my store has the album placed somewhere, especially the front lanes.

I cashier and almost half the people I waited on the first day bought it and 1 out of 3 after that.

I found the first foreign one today. I looked at it confused, someone didn't want this? As I was pushing the foreign up to GS someone saw it and asked, "OMG! Where is the music section!?"

Lol Its a mass movement. On Thanksgiving Day the opening sketch of SNL will take place in Dining Rooms all over the country:D

I bought it on Sunday with the electronics 10% off coupon because I got some surprise money (random because I care gift I guess) and she's not putting it up for streaming. She pulled a Taylor swift. The target cd has 3 extra songs, though so there's that. I saw a pic on Twitter where some store has Kleenex pocket tissues next to the album lol.

I've only seen one person buy it, but I'm not a cashier. The day that 1d album came out, the phones were nuts with teens looking for specific target edition Harry covers. I didn't realize physical copies were still so big... Even as someone who buys them.

We are not selling nearly as much as we are taking in. Yesterday we received 8 boxes of the Target exclusive version with (I think) 20 or 25 CDs each. 160 or 200 copies that day. Today the receiver gave me a three-tier with nothing but boxes of that damn CD. 16 more boxes. An additional 320 or 400 copies of it. We will never sell that many copies, and will probably fill an entire repack box with it when it comes back on the scan.

I bought it on Sunday with the electronics 10% off coupon because I got some surprise money (random because I care gift I guess) and she's not putting it up for streaming. She pulled a Taylor swift. The target cd has 3 extra songs, though so there's that. I saw a pic on Twitter where some store has Kleenex pocket tissues next to the album lol.

I've only seen one person buy it, but I'm not a cashier. The day that 1d album came out, the phones were nuts with teens looking for specific target edition Harry covers. I didn't realize physical copies were still so big... Even as someone who buys them.
Could you possibly post that picture? A TM at my store said that it was our store that posted that picture and I have yet to find it myself

A bajillion people reposted so idk where it originated, but here's the pic.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 93
It's even come out on vinyl and from what I'm told sounds pretty good for those of you into wax.

There is literally an Adele album in every single one of the simple carts to be packed in ship from store. and this morning before we opened they had the radio on the overheard and "hello" came on a few times, specifically while i was packing the album ha.

absolutely no one. we have a few hundred that we will be sitting on for some time

i sure hope Adele gets most of the money from her sales and not Target.

The Cd will be gone by Christmas from ALL Targets, if you don't sell it at the register, Flex will
be pulling it and shipping to the guests front door.

ce434a48jw1eychj62vqkj20ff0il7ey.jpg

We are selling an insane amount. We have two shelves with twelve facings just for her new CD and it has been made a daily priority to replenish it as often as one sells. Every single day when I come in, both shelves are completely empty.

We had a big rush on it too! I can't believe how many people still buy CDs. I couldn't tell you the last time I bought a cd (hard copy) extra songs or not. But that's just me. I still buy digital download ones now and then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back