Archived How much did yours drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This upcoming week I am down to 22, but the week after I am back up to 37. Which is fine since they know I am looking for about 25 hpw, but I am a team player who will work more when it is needed. And honestly, I can use the days off after working seven straight leading up to Xmas. I am done, need to recharge, and thankful I can.

I got picked up seasonal so I'm not all that surprised at the loss of hours.

This week 32, next week 18, week after that a whopping 6 hours.

Seriously 6 hours...they might as well just say they don't need me to stay on.

Well, next week I'm scheduled for 46 hours.

Then again, my etl apparently screwed up and has me scheduled for 20 hours New Years Day, from 3pm to 11am, so I'm pretty sure that's a mistake.
Then again, my hours will be dropping a little after next week, because we're finally hiring two more TPS's! I won't be the lone ranger anymore, thank god!

Last edited:
I've always been between 29 and 35 hours and it's stayed that way. I'm seasonal but I'm guessing they're keeping me on since nothing really changed.

I have 15 hours on the two week out schedule. I'm still on my school availability though, so I might be able to talk my TL into giving me more hours.

That's so messed up. I can't imagine being a parent and letting go of a job with more hours to get screwed over by Target like that. I only have a few bills and split the rent with somebody so I can take the hit for now. Don't think I can for the next month though.

Yeah, unfortunately there is only one position in Target store that is actually marked as full time and that is a Team lead. Everything else is expendable, depending on the nature of your management even GSAs can be scraping by for hours and those are proxy Team leads.

Everything else is expendable, depending on the nature of your management even GSAs can be scraping by for hours and those are proxy Team leads.

ASANTS. At our store, except for this time of year when its dead, every TM who wants it gets at least 30-ish hours. The rest get what they want. GSAs never scrape for hours here. We have three. One full-time, one part-time, and one who is somewhere in between. All of them pretty much get the same schedule each week. Between GSA shifts, cash office, service desk, and sometimes cashier, they are good to go.

Why are you stating ASANTS when I made it clear that the phrase "depending on..." shows that it's not set in stone...?

Why are you stating ASANTS when I made it clear that the phrase "depending on..." shows that it's not set in stone...?

I know you said it depends on the management when it comes to GSAs. I was really trying to address "everything is expendable," because that is not the case at my store. I can understand why Havok would be upset. People at my store believe they are signing on for a full-time gig as well, and then unfortunately that turns out not to be the case every single week.

That's what they do at our store too if they don't want you to stay on any longer, even with non seasonals.

35-40 hours a week for the past four months down to less than 16 the next two weeks. Pissed that TMs with less availability and around for a smaller amount of time getting double.

ASANTS. At our store, except for this time of year when its dead, every TM who wants it gets at least 30-ish hours. The rest get what they want. GSAs never scrape for hours here. We have three. One full-time, one part-time, and one who is somewhere in between. All of them pretty much get the same schedule each week. Between GSA shifts, cash office, service desk, and sometimes cashier, they are good to go.

GSA's are full time at our store. We have three as well, two are full time and one is part time by choice. We had four but one left for a better job.

30 hours this week, 26.5 next week and nothing yet posted for the week after new year's. We have a few dates where TMs are desperately needed so a special request was posted for the available times offering them on a first come, first served basis. I still don't think they've all been taken.

It might be 6 hours, but just for 1 week. My old store would schedule a few TMs for only 4 hours for a week, and then they'd get quite a few more the following weeks. Instead of cutting everyone's hours by alot, everyone took a turn having just 1 week of no hours. Unless whoever was making the schedule didn't like you, in which case you might get several weeks with hardly any hours

Mine went from 38-40 hours a week to 30. So really only losing one day but I think it may go down more

I go to school, so my standard hours are 22. They've just dropped to 16.

Well, next week I'm scheduled for 46 hours.

Then again, my etl apparently screwed up and has me scheduled for 20 hours New Years Day, from 3pm to 11am, so I'm pretty sure that's a mistake.
Then again, my hours will be dropping a little after next week, because we're finally hiring two more TPS's! I won't be the lone ranger anymore, thank god!
Surely 3 pm - 11 pm, so drop 12 off the 46, and you're at 34. Decent.

Obviously nothing personal against you, since I don't likely work at your store, but I'd rather see this alongside long-term TM's getting 30+ hours, than both getting 15-20. Both getting 15-20 fucks over people who have worked there for years, if ou can't afford to schedule someone new without fucking over your existing employees the newbie shouldn't be hired. At the same time: if the newbie works way harder than the tenured employees, just performance out the tenured employees, I don't think tenure excuses slacking, I just hate to see people that work hard all year screwed out of hours this time of the year.

I often wonder how Instocks hours are cut when the size of the store, the daily scan requirements, and the size of the aisles do not change. There may not be as many scans, but you still have to walk the aisle and look for the outs.

When I spoke with the person who hired me, I made it clear I was looking for a full time regular position. They said that what I applied for was a full time regular position. It's the only reason I agreed to the job. Apparently, I was lied to.
If your average hours stay above 30, you're full time. So you could work 40 hours a week for a month, then 20 hours a week for a month, and still be considered full time by Target.

Obviously nothing personal against you, since I don't likely work at your store, but I'd rather see this alongside long-term TM's getting 30+ hours, than both getting 15-20. Both getting 15-20 fucks over people who have worked there for years, if ou can't afford to schedule someone new without fucking over your existing employees the newbie shouldn't be hired. At the same time: if the newbie works way harder than the tenured employees, just performance out the tenured employees, I don't think tenure excuses slacking, I just hate to see people that work hard all year screwed out of hours this time of the year.

No, I agree. The problem is that this is the case for all of seasonal.

To me, it would make more sense to come to a decision who they want to keep and cut some excess loose. There are some serious f-ups around.

I never called out, was never counseled, and bust my butt getting stuff done. On the other hand, there were seasonal and reg employees that called out on the regular and had multiple guest complaints. Just seems like it would make more sense to get rid of these people.

I was 40 for the past 3 weeks and before that nothing below 32 for a while. This week I have 20 hours, and next week I have 14.5. Gonna use all my sick hours in January.

I'm gonna look for a 2nd job. I'd replace tgt altogether, but I think I'm gonna qualify for medical for 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back