Archived How much did yours drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been picking up shifts like mad to get as many hours as I can. I ended the week at 40 thanks to a 14 hour Saturday shift, while battling a cold. This upcoming week I have 36.

36-38. Down to 32-34. Not too bad...as long as I can stay "full time" and keep my benefits, I don't care lol.

Being brand, I now have a set schedule. I only work M-F and they're all full 8.5 hour shift, minus the 45-min lunch. So, I get about 39 hours/week. So glad I got this promotion at the right time, so many only have like 5-8 hours. Crazy.

Mine dropped from 40 to 23 last week... 4-hour GSA shifts four out of five days. And then I was getting called in for small random spots on my days off and I've been turning it down because, honestly, I don't want to be getting the hours just by a piddle every single day... I'm up to 28/4 days next week which at least makes me feel better if I pick up another day and then I'm still working 5 days a week. Super self-limiting, I know, but time and gas and my energy ain't cheap.

My helper today was scheduled until 730pm but left at 650pm. I just don't get it. I guess he doesn't care about money. I was scheduled til 730pm and stayed until 745pm cuz FF of course.

With how shitty my store is and the ridiculous turnover rate, I'm thinking about volunteering for grocery salesfloor shifts or to ask to come in and work a 4 or 5 hour shift to zone and help work pulls. Some of the ETLs at my store aren't Nazis about the hours shortage.

Being brand, I now have a set schedule. I only work M-F and they're all full 8.5 hour shift, minus the 45-min lunch. So, I get about 39 hours/week. So glad I got this promotion at the right time, so many only have like 5-8 hours. Crazy.

How does being "brand" with a set schedule insure you have hours when there are so few hours to give out? Just curious because my TL made a comment to me about how her hours went up for our area when she locked in my schedule on the newest one she just did. I'm also "brand". Is this a thing?

I went from around 38 down to 22. Luckily I've been able to stay a few hours everyday to bump that number up a bit.

They dropped from 40-38 to about <20, my new order from my STL is I'm not allowed to stay even if a ETL asks me to stay; not a bad as in some years in which dropped below 12 hours.

How does being "brand" with a set schedule insure you have hours when there are so few hours to give out? Just curious because my TL made a comment to me about how her hours went up for our area when she locked in my schedule on the newest one she just did. I'm also "brand". Is this a thing?

When I was promoted, I was made full time. Also, my dept/work center has 120 hours every week. 40 for myself and my VML, the other is for another brand TM that we haven't hired so they just give those to other TMs. I work in our largest dept, housewares & domestics so they get multiple uses out of me.

Last edited:
In next weeks sched, I dropped from 38 this week to 17.25... Even last year I never went under 20. I've even been getting at least 1-2 sfs days since we launched that in June. I'm so pissed that I have no ship days and next Wed, there is no one scheduled for SFS and I can't even be added in. Like wtf. My ETL was like we'll just pull someone from backroom. Like ok. And next Sat, my price change TL has a SFS shift. I'm super bitter about that. He was never trained. When is he going to be trained? I fully expect him to go red because there is no way he'll get pulled and packed by the deadlines... :mad:

Last edited:
When I was promoted, I was made full time. Also, my dept/work center has 120 hours every week. 40 for myself and my VML, the other is for another brand TM that we haven't hired so they just give those to other TMs. I work in our largest dept, housewares & domestics so they get multiple uses out of me.

Must be nice...They cut market down again so my ENTIRE workcenter is getting 63 total hours....Def enough time to do everything in market though ....

Must be nice...They cut market down again so my ENTIRE workcenter is getting 63 total hours....Def enough time to do everything in market though ....

That sounds horrendous. There is no way our Market team would work on 63 hours, especially since 40 would get eaten up by the CTL. It simply would not happen.

I was at 31 for two weeks but next week, they've bumped me back up to 39. However, almost every night I close, they kick us (most of the salesfloor team) out almost an hour early if we finish zone and abandon.

It is, and not. For the past several weeks, only 2-3 HL TMs are scheduled and about 3-4 cashiers, but one has to man the SCO. So, I have to backup all the time, push in almost every dept and still be expected to pull product to fill all the empty end caps in my dept and my daily 4x4, maintain the moments and focals. And now, they want me to be SD trained so I can back up there. We're an ultra high volume store, so we get a lot of traffic.

In my store, from my understanding, pfresh gets hours from consumables and the unloading payroll. Market gets it from hardlines, we usually have 1 in the morning, 2 mid and 2 closers. Our CTL, who is a SrTL gets it from another dept.

I was at 31 for two weeks but next week, they've bumped me back up to 39. However, almost every night I close, they kick us (most of the salesfloor team) out almost an hour early if we finish zone and abandon.

If you don't want to lose those hours, super zone (if you aren't already). This will help protect your hours and make things easier for the skeleton crew of openers.

If you don't want to lose those hours, super zone (if you aren't already). This will help protect your hours and make things easier for the skeleton crew of openers.
It's so slow at our store that we zone throughout the day and keep it looking nice until close. There is nothing left to do by the end of the night. Plus, sales are shit right now, so they're trying to save as many hours as they can.

It's so slow at our store that we zone throughout the day and keep it looking nice until close. There is nothing left to do by the end of the night. Plus, sales are shit right now, so they're trying to save as many hours as they can.

I sure hope your backroom freezer is all back stocked and you zone the sales floor freezers !

Come to my store we are still as busy selling FOOD, people are pigs and still are buying as much food now as they did before the Holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back