Archived How much do Beauty TLs make?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LearningTree

Guest Experience
To all of the Beauty TLs out there: How much do you make and how long have been in that role? Do you know what the cap is for your position? I have friend still at Target that's considering taking a position but I'm trying to convince her to ask for more money. The store's in a unique situation right now (that I can't go in to) and it's about to get worse. Anyone who becomes the new beauty TL at this point is going to get hit with a shitstorm and no support from the leadership team. Also she comes from a different background than most beauty TLs so she'll be able to fulfill a responsibility that most of them struggle with.

Aren’t you an etl? As far as I know at least until modernization is company wide, Beauty TLs are just hardlines or salesfloor TLs that just happen to over see beauty so they make the typically amount, 16 minimum and the normal cap. There isn’t really an average for beauty TLs

I'm not at Target anymore and I never looked at the pay scale for a beauty TL. I realize the pay varies depending on a number of factors. That's why I'm asking for people's personal experiences and not an average.

I'm not at Target anymore and I never looked at the pay scale for a beauty TL. I realize the pay varies depending on a number of factors. That's why I'm asking for people's personal experiences and not an average.

Since you've left the spot, could you give a region/area?

why step into a TL position with all of those red flags and hurdles? why let [herself] be set up for failure?

i wouldn't take it unless it was a crazy amount of money

They make .50 more than entry level TMs at my store last I heard but they might get a raise this year. The biggest benefit is 40 hours and is good for upcoming MUA's. A handful of them that suggest beauty/hair products and give out samples every day while other beauty TMs stock and zone beauty or hardlines.

They make .50 more than entry level TMs at my store last I heard but they might get a raise this year. The biggest benefit is 40 hours and is good for upcoming MUA's. A handful of them that suggest beauty/hair products and give out samples every day while other beauty TMs stock and zone beauty or hardlines.

I'm not looking for the starting rate. I'm look for current Beauty TLs, how much they make, and how much they've been in the role.

why step into a TL position with all of those red flags and hurdles? why let [herself] be set up for failure?

I wouldn't take it unless it was a crazy amount of money

She needs the extra money but I'm trying to convince her to ask for more than what they'll undoubtedly lowball her with. I also plan on mentoring her on a weekly basis to make sure she's holding her ETL accountable for her development and that he doesn't try to dump his failures on her.

Beauty TLs at the BARE MINIMUM hopefully make anywhere from $16-19/hr.

Do they deserve that pay?

Who has a HARDLINES TL that oversees beauty ONLY?! Lol. The one “Beauty TL” I worked with was just a glorified beauty tm who did no TL stuff and made the bare minimum. She’s was keyed in as a Hardlines TL though.

Not to mention she walked around and did nothing all day and chilled with me in the GSTL office. I had to even help her write her first PDD and her performance reviews as she has no clue how nor did she have a clue how to delegate task to her small team.

Last edited:
Giving a range to remain semi anonymous, very similar region to yours. $22-27 (cap is slightly above the latter for me at least)
1 yr in the department anniversary this year, been at spot for seems like forever but in actuality 4yrs.
Also SRTL so take the pay with a grain of salt.
Also is it strictly Beauty or is it all of the department block down? Is she ready for the workload in the next coming weeks? Not only am I in charge of Beauty, I am in charge of my VMGs for my beauty node, men’s grooming VAs, and I have a whole other two department blocks to maintain.

Giving a range to remain semi anonymous, very similar region to yours. $22-27 (cap is slightly above the latter for me at least)
1 yr in the department anniversary this year, been at spot for seems like forever but in actuality 4yrs.
Also SRTL so take the pay with a grain of salt.
Also is it strictly Beauty or is it all of the department block down? Is she ready for the workload in the next coming weeks? Not only am I in charge of Beauty, I am in charge of my VMGs for my beauty node, men’s grooming VAs, and I have a whole other two department blocks to maintain.

Thanks. It's just for Beauty, no other departments officially however I do know her ETL will pull her to help in other hardlines departments. I've already warned her about the challenges and heavy workload she'd face. She still wants to do it.

Thanks. It's just for Beauty, no other departments officially however I do know her ETL will pull her to help in other hardlines departments. I've already warned her about the challenges and heavy workload she'd face. She still wants to do it.

I applaud her for taking on challenges in such a stressful time (I told my team get ready for the new brand launch and for A block to get messy with loads of push for the next three weeks).

I hope she gets the pay she deserves with your help and mentorship - I too had to fight for my pay- and I hope they don’t make her into a rag doll. It’s one thing to support another department and leader but it’s a whole other thing to dump the department/responsibility on a leader - been there, done/do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back