Archived How much do GSAs generally make?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is degreed, and over $20 / hr.

Also a recent external hire TL pretty much dictated their starting pay.

Yeah my vmtl doesn't have a degree either. Not sure why you would need one for that position, if you don't even need it anymore for etl.

What a a pershiable assistant only makes 11 per hour
Oh that's right " we are not a grocer !! "

Ive been here 4 years and only 44 cents above my minumum of 11 dollars
I have made significant changes and sales are through the roof in pfresh and bakery
We are number 1 in my state

Show me the money please

Yeah my vmtl doesn't have a degree either. Not sure why you would need one for that position, if you don't even need it anymore for etl.

I think it depends on your DTLs stance. We have an internal VMTM who was on the bench and did not get the VMTL position simply bc she doesnt have a degree.

Then again all our ETLs and seniors have 4 year degrees.

I know Target says they take experience now in addition to college but my understanding is its to the discretion of the DTL.

What a a pershiable assistant only makes 11 per hour
Oh that's right " we are not a grocer !! "

Ive been here 4 years and only 44 cents above my minumum of 11 dollars
I have made significant changes and sales are through the roof in pfresh and bakery
We are number 1 in my state

Show me the money please
8 years and my pay is similar to yours. I'm finally admitting to myself that I am severely undervalued in this job. The fact that pretty much everyone else who works at my store is also severely undervalued doesn't mean that I should just deal with it, either. I've got to take the leap and start putting in applications.

I think it depends on your DTLs stance. We have an internal VMTM who was on the bench and did not get the VMTL position simply bc she doesnt have a degree.

Then again all our ETLs and seniors have 4 year degrees.

I know Target says they take experience now in addition to college but my understanding is its to the discretion of the DTL.
Yeah that's what i was told. We have a new etl in district that's been with target for six years. Has held almost every tl position and has been amazing at everyone. He has no college degree and he's better than most.

Our VML has a degree but the team is still small (7 people between hardlines and softlines). He does LOD shifts regularly though. Not sure how much he makes.

Why is GSA N07 and electronics TM N09, seems backwards if you ask me.

Electronics TM is N07 like GSA. Perishables Assistant is N09, but we should be N11 for all the work we do. We do almost everything the CTL does, except reviews and interviews.

Last edited:
Electronics TM is N07 like GSA. Perishables Assistant is N09, but we should be N11 for all the work we do. We do almost everything the CTL does, except reviews and interviews.
Electronics and GSA definitely both need a bump up. Electronics requires you to learn essentially every other workcenter apart from ones that deal with food+having 2 of the consistently most shopped areas to maintain, and GSA is pure stress all day every day what with cashier troubles, rude guests, and being GSTL-lites.

There is no reason why we make only .50 more than people who get hired because they have a pulse

Our perishable assistants suck, and honestly don't deserve as much as they get. Everytime I do PA I find food that's wayyyyyyy too old to be on the shelves. They always over order, and the tl is no better

How much do you GSAs hate it when someone calls you a GSTL?

In my store, most people call for GSTL on the walkie, even when the person responding is a GSA.

GSA and PA are the most unfamiliar positions in my store. Only the STL, ETLs, TLs and some TMs know about them

How much do you GSAs hate it when someone calls you a GSTL?

This doesn't bother me at all. I know what someone means when they say GSA or GSTL.

In my store, most people call for GSTL on the walkie, even when the person responding is a GSA.

GSA and PA are the most unfamiliar positions in my store. Only the STL, ETLs, TLs and some TMs know about them
I feel like instocks is the most unfamiliar position in my store... People know I do stuff but have no idea what I actually do half the time. If people don't understand what a PA and a gsa do then they really aren't paying attention, or don't care to know.

I feel like instocks is the most unfamiliar position in my store... People know I do stuff but have no idea what I actually do half the time. If people don't understand what a PA and a gsa do then they really aren't paying attention, or don't care to know.

True, and I forgot to add instocks to one of the unfamiliar positions.

Sorry to any VMLs on the forum, but nothing you guys do is worth an extra $12.

You better have a team of 20+ on your alignment, at a super high volume store, and leading your region with some crazy ideas if you're at that kind of pay.
The issue with the VML position, is that it was like one of the pet projects of Brian Cornell and he wanted a Visual Merchandising "expert" in each store. He was willing to pay a premium for them.
Only issue is, a LOT of those positions were given to people through internal politics and not actually based on qualifications.

So some stores, such as mine, ended up with a chick, about 20 years old, who was still in her first year of college (for nursing), and really wanted a job at Target. Luckily for her, she used to work with ETL-HR at another company so she was handed the VML position.

Our VML has a 4 year degree. I think its not fair that she is the highest paid TL, making more than our SrTLs who have been with the company 10+ years. The VML doesn't do any LOD shifts, no closing shifts, no overnight shifts etc.

The issue with the VML position, is that it was like one of the pet projects of Brian Cornell and he wanted a Visual Merchandising "expert" in each store. He was willing to pay a premium for them.
Only issue is, a LOT of those positions were given to people through internal politics and not actually based on qualifications.

So some stores, such as mine, ended up with a chick, about 20 years old, who was still in her first year of college (for nursing), and really wanted a job at Target. Luckily for her, she used to work with ETL-HR at another company so she was handed the VML position.

I am not totally against VMLs. Other companies like Fred Meyer use them. However like you said we hire 20 somethings who dropped out of fashion school rather than high quality individuals. It's a huge mistake.

Our VML has a 4 year degree. I think its not fair that she is the highest paid TL, making more than our SrTLs who have been with the company 10+ years. The VML doesn't do any LOD shifts, no closing shifts, no overnight shifts etc.

Like an ETL they get to write the schedule for themselves and their team.

I found out VMTLS don't have to have a degree. They lied and told one of our tms on the bench that bc they didn't want to promote her.

Like an ETL they get to write the schedule for themselves and their team.

I found out VMTLS don't have to have a degree. They lied and told one of our tms on the bench that bc they didn't want to promote her.

Our STL writes the schedule for our ETLs and Senior TLs. He makes sure there is a fair balance for opening/closing shifts and alternating weekends.

Our STL writes the schedule for our ETLs and Senior TLs. He makes sure there is a fair balance for opening/closing shifts and alternating weekends.

Interesting! My ETL HR does the executive schedule. ETLs do their team except VMTL who does her own and then I do front end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back