Archived How much do you get paid an hour at target?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe its possible they work in a Major city? Cost of living is more expensive there, so minimum wage is higher

Ok, so is this other person fibbing?

I have some relatives who live in the bay area. Some cities in the area raised their minimum wage to $15 this month so OP is probably telling the truth.

Edit: Found an article. It says that nine cities raised their minimum wage to $15.

Bay Area workers see increase in minimum wage - KRON - https://www-kron4-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.kron4.com/amp/news/bay-area/bay-area-workers-see-increase-in-minimum-wage/1682774989?amp_js_v=0.1

Last edited:
If the OP lives in San Francisco then $15 is minimum wage.

TMs in SF have had $15 for a while now since that's the city's minimum wage, but the entire district hiked all TMs up to $15 sometime in Q3.

Actually I believe in San Francisco minimum is $15 due to cost of living because when I used to live there Macy's minimum was 14.50
No yeah of course SF would have higher min wage but for the state of California the minimum is $12. Where I live is very expensive since it is Bay Area but it’s not a major city like SF or Oakland so that’s why I don’t make as much

ETA: for an idea of cost of living it would cost me at least $700 a month to rent a room.

People should talk about their wages but they should mention what state/region they are in so we can get an idea of cost of living too.
Ok, i will do that. I work and live in SF. I mak $15 an hour. My rent is paid for but the average ive heard for a 1B is upwards of $2000, maybe more

14.70. 13 years with Target. Deep south. 2Br1ba house. 808/mo mortgage (flood & home insurance included). Girlfriend makes 10k less a year than me.

Last edited:
I work in the Bay Area and i make $12 an hour. $12 is minimum wage in California

Sunnyvale and some SF areas stores start people at 15.50 I know the traffic sucks but I would be tempted to commute to those areas for an extra 3 or 4 bucks per hour. It would more than pay for itself.

Pro Tip: If you start at a high paying store and then move to a 12 dollar store your pay is the same.

No yeah of course SF would have higher min wage but for the state of California the minimum is $12. Where I live is very expensive since it is Bay Area but it’s not a major city like SF or Oakland so that’s why I don’t make as much

ETA: for an idea of cost of living it would cost me at least $700 a month to rent a room.

Yeah 15 dollars an hour in SF would leave you homeless without a roommate. The median income of the area is over 100,000. If you're not in tech it sucks. Seattle is trending that way.

Im jealous of @zonepolice rent. Median house here is over 600K or about 2.500 a month on a 30 year mortgage

Liar.

You're just plain lying to get a rise out of people.

Just don't post here, you idiot.

Moderators...please get this out of forum
Jesus christ who peed in your cheerios

It was established that OP works in downtown San Francisco. So which means they get paid more bc of the minimum wage in Major Cities.

Chill the fuck out

Liar.

You're just plain lying to get a rise out of people.

Just don't post here, you idiot.

Moderators...please get this out of forum

Cost of living is a factor in pay in some areas. Even if it's just a retail job. Doesn't make sense to pay someone minimum in one of the most expensive cities to live. They will have a hard time keeping an employee.

Cost of living is a factor in pay in some areas. Even if it's just a retail job. Doesn't make sense to pay someone minimum in one of the most expensive cities to live. They will have a hard time keeping an employee.

If an average TM at my store works 38 hrs a week, in a month they will make without taxes about $2,200. But, the average 1B apartment is nearly $2,000. Therefore, almsot all of my co workers have roomates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back