Archived How Target has lost its way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's an older TM at my store that used to work for Kmart... she says the stuff going on at Target at the store level feels like Kmart when things were just starting to go downhill.

Mannequins? Shoot me now.
We have legs up on out hosiery wall and upper torsos on out sports bra racks. About every third shift, I have to re-dress a set of boobs (what I call the torsos) even though there are plenty of sizes hanging beneath the torsos. I honestly think we don't have the time to keep re-dressing mannequins, considering the fact that we constantly run out of various sizes of various clothing pieces.

Funny. I call them "boobequins".

Mannequins? Shoot me now.
We have legs up on out hosiery wall and upper torsos on out sports bra racks. About every third shift, I have to re-dress a set of boobs (what I call the torsos) even though there are plenty of sizes hanging beneath the torsos. I honestly think we don't have the time to keep re-dressing mannequins, considering the fact that we constantly run out of various sizes of various clothing pieces.

Funny. I call them "boobequins".
I want mannequins! In fact, reading articles about how target isn't staying with the time, many critique that we don't hAve more... I wonder if you could order them ;

Target will be probably be the new Kmart in 2 or 3 years. This company is going down faster than Tim Tebow's NFL career.

Target will be probably be the new Kmart in 2 or 3 years. This company is going down faster than Tim Tebow's NFL career.
People never seem to remember that Kmart was once bigger than Target and Walmart. In fact, at it's peak it was bigger than Target is today...

I went into my local Kmart few days ago and it was and depressing ghost town. I remember just 10 or 12 years and go it was a hot spot.

People never seem to remember that Kmart was once bigger than Target and Walmart. In fact, at it's peak it was bigger than Target is today...

I went into my local Kmart few days ago and it was and depressing ghost town. I remember just 10 or 12 years and go it was a hot spot.

I don't have a "local" Kmart anymore. There used to be one in the plaza where my store is, but now the closest one is in the city and I avoid it like the plague.

I know I'm a pessimist and a constant complainer but I just think the big dogs of Target have run the company into the ground. Changing too much stuff for both employees and customers is not good business. The changes with the scheduling and equipment and programs combined with the data breach just sound like a this retail chain is going down. I really do think it might turn into a more expensive Kmart. I would have to drive probably 3 or 4 hours to go to a Kmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back