Does This Make Sense?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not what I'm doing.

I'm here as a TM, just like all of you.

I have my own forum, I know how they work.

I'm just happy the fourth quarter is...

over...

;)

There's something so whoreish and desperate about big t and their redcards...

I can understand them wanting to push their card: I don't really mind doing it. I just don't see the sense in slowing down the line. Just think if you sold 3 or 4 in a row! You'd have the slowest register in the store! And I sure hate to be that 5th person waiting on all this! Just think if that 5th (or 6th or 7th!) person was gonna use their red card... they might become a tad miffed.
Except that if the GSTL is doing his/her job, there would be only 1 (getting the REDCard) plus 1. And that plus 1 would be all excited about the chance to save his 5% or maybe he already has one.

Sorry. I'm not quite up to the jargon, yet...

I bet if you have a line for redcard holders only, as it only accepts Redcards, it could get more people signed up. Imagine being able to bypass long lines and go to a certain set of registers, and save money :p also use those for new redcards

I bet if you have a line for redcard holders only, as it only accepts Redcards, it could get more people signed up. Imagine being able to bypass long lines and go to a certain set of registers, and save money :p also use those for new redcards

THAT does sound like a good idea. Shitty for backup though.

THAT does sound like a good idea. Shitty for backup though.

Excellent idea!! that is, in my opinion, a much greater selling point! I know turgit hates investing anything to turn a profit, and that extra 20 per day in labor to keep the redcard lane staffed would be too great for them to bear- but what a great idea you have!

That idea terrifies me.

Guest gets in that line, has no redcard, throws fit when they reach front of line that they now have to get into another line.

You know it'd happen, and not every week or so, probably a couple times per hour.

That idea terrifies me.

Guest gets in that line, has no redcard, throws fit when they reach front of line that they now have to get into another line.

You know it'd happen, and not every week or so, probably a couple times per hour.
For extra fun disable suspend on that register so everything has to be re-scanned at another lane!

Last edited:
That idea terrifies me.

For extra fun disable suspend on that register so everything has to be re-scanned at another lane!

You forgot the sarcasm font.

I'm just saying... there has to be a better way to do it... you just can't slow down the line... guests really don't like that. Would you?

Can none of you feel this?

No I feel you, there should be a faster way to apply for RedCards. I usually suggest guests go online and apply. It doesn't have the same effect on me or my store, but guests much rather do that since they don't carry checks with them. What sucks about the RedCards tho is that there is no way to look it up and most guests get annoyed. If the Target RedCard was like the Safeway card or Rite-Aid card I'm sure we'd get more applications.

If the Target RedCard was like the Safeway card or Rite-Aid card I'm sure we'd get more applications.

Are those payment cards or just discount cards? At Tops (our regional grocery chain), customers sometimes let others borrow their BonusCard if they don't have theirs, but only because it allows them to save money; it's not an actual payment card like the Target Red Card.

It's snot rocket science...

If the Target RedCard was like the Safeway card or Rite-Aid card I'm sure we'd get more applications.

Are those payment cards or just discount cards? At Tops (our regional grocery chain), customers sometimes let others borrow their BonusCard if they don't have theirs, but only because it allows them to save money; it's not an actual payment card like the Target Red Card.

they're discount cards. basically it's just a phone number you type in or an actual card. For example like say you can buy 2 for $5 if you have a Safeway card. When you get to the registers you type in your cell phone and bam you get your discount. It's easy, simple, and most people want cheap things anyways. It saves people money and allows people to use the card even when they dont have it with them. Everyone keeps having problems with the RedCard at my store.

they're discount cards. basically it's just a phone number you type in or an actual card. For example like say you can buy 2 for $5 if you have a Safeway card. When you get to the registers you type in your cell phone and bam you get your discount. It's easy, simple, and most people want cheap things anyways. It saves people money and allows people to use the card even when they dont have it with them. Everyone keeps having problems with the RedCard at my store.

Pretty much like our cartwheels

That idea terrifies me.

Easy way to fix it is put a sign that says specifically red card, and ask the guest initially if they have red the red card or will be applying, if not have them go to the shortest line. Guest may get angry at first but itll work itself out. On blackfriday we basically did this. Our pharmacy registers were for people applying for redcards. If they wanted to apply they skip the line and went to the pharmacy. Also make it if they open up the redcard on a purchase over X dollars they save an extra 5% or something. Also running a special for pharmacy rewards for say double points for certain times for redcard holders would also boost red card numbers.

As a Hank Hill kinda man, I know that would be effective, except for that whole team member reference code part. They shouldn't push it so hard to begin with. If they were a specialty store, maybe, and that's a big maybe, I could see that working. Spot is a general merchandise store though, so that's less viable. People don't want to be hassled to sign up for ANY kind of card that ties directly to their finances, whether it's debit or credit, every time the shop. I won't lie, the idea behind the red card makes sense, and it's fair, but getting the end consumer to see that it makes sense is a whole different ballgame. The expectation that all cashiers should push them on all consumers, and further that at least one consumer should sign up for one, per day, has got to stop. It really all started as a fringe move for the company to save that extra bit of money on debit purchases during the recession. I won't say the recession is over, but I will say this whole red card push has been a failure overall. It might have caused a significant amount of people to get one, but there's a greater amount of people that don't want to keep up with store cards, especially when they either tie into their bank accounts, OR are store credit cards. That greater amount is turned off by being hassled, and many will take their business elsewhere to avoid being hassled.

THIS!!!! I have two opinions about REDcards, one as a Target guest and one as a former cashier at a low volume store. As a Guest I have both the REDcards. I like them both and use one or the other on EVERY Target purchase. My REDcard saved me a lot of money on my Christmas shopping and when I want a video game or a movie I do go to Target to get it to get my %5 off. However as a former cashier I hated the pressure over REDcards just like everyone else. I also hated having to ask regulars who I knew did not want one because if a LOD or GSTL did not hear me I would get coached even though I have asked them a million and one times! I also hated having to make the person behind them wait. We only had two lanes open so if one of us got a REDcard we were backed up to the girls department by the time back up finally got up there. The GSTL most times took the guest to another lane but by that time they are already pissed! I know they won't but I do wish Spot would do something about the wait times.

I still think that the cart attendants and GSAs should both get mobile registers for the mens and womens restrooms. Then they should pester ask guests if they'd like to save 5%!!! GO TEAM VIBE WITH THE GUESTS MAKE SURE TO BE BOLDDDDDD*register crashes*

^For all that, replace the toilets with locking stalls that you can ONLY unlock with your REDCARD*

*option to apply for one before you pee yourself
You could save space by moving the new electronics vending machines there to entice them to buy some games, also replace the mirrors with monitors that connect to the demo consoles. Boat is removed and turned into a counter behind the urinals, where extra cleaning supplies and high ticket items are kept. It'll be kinda hard for them to not apply for the REDCARD if you're in their face as they're pissing. The space where electronics was is turned into a frozen wonderland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back