Archived How to become full time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how many PA's we have, but some definitely don't seem to be fulltime.

Just legally change your name to be the same as a TL. Simple solution.

Also, many people would think ETL would be the way to go. Rookie identity theft mistake. They don't GET scheduled, they just exist!

No one is guaranteed full time hours except maybe the TLs. But hours depend on your store volume, needs, and head count.

I was cross trained for the entire Front End, Hard Lines, and Electronics. Yet I was only getting barely 30 hours with pickup shifts.

Just legally change your name to be the same as a TL. Simple solution.

Also, many people would think ETL would be the way to go. Rookie identity theft mistake. They don't GET scheduled, they just exist!
Technically, they are in the MyTime schedule.

I have a completely open schedule. I started as a cashier. Even when they were cutting cashier hours last year, I almost always worked full time hours.. Not because I was scheduled for those hours but because I constantly got called in to cover shifts when people called out.
Key to getting those calls is to almost always saying yes and work your butt off when you are there.. Don't complain, unless in a joking manner. Be personable to TM's, tl's, etl's and guests.. Do what you are asked to do. Know your job, never be idle. Don't boast that you have a full schedule (those who don't will not like you) and be willing to do what it takes to make your area look good. And of course, no matter what department you work in, get redcards..they are like gold to target....

There are no guarantees that you will get the extra hours. If you are looking for a job with a definite number of hours, you may want to look outside retail....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back