Archived how to call in sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do i call in sick? is there a national number that i can call? because my shift starts at 4 AM and no one is there to call before that time

how do i call in sick? is there a national number that i can call? because my shift starts at 4 AM and no one is there to call before that time
Your store should still be open now. Call your store and ask to speak with the LOD and let them know.

If you have to call in the morning( ie you wake up that morning sick etc) and you are a 4 am process...they know there is no way for you to call prior to that. Now if you know tonight that you cant make it in the morning I would go ahead and call tonight.

Last edited:
thank you guys, but there my LOD is not in the store right now . can i call when the shift starts just to let them know in case i didn't get better by then

No, any LOD will do they will email your ETL.

LOD means Leader On Duty.
It's the person on duty at the time.
You're talking about the ETL.

You can speak to any lod and tell them who you are and to let you etl know you wont be there in the morning. Or you could just call in the morning if you wanted to

We can't call the night before. Have to call the day of being out..

I hadn't heard that before, is it new?
My store is the same way.

6am TMs can call as early as 5:30 on truck days because that's when the flow TL arrives, and we can call up to 2 hours past the scheduled start and not get a NCNS (leaders are less than pleased if someone does that though). But no calling in the night before.

I love calling in the night before as a flow TM. It means I don't need to wake up. Even better if there's no ETL there so no pressure.

Calling at 4/6 is a pain for both parties. Though as flow, they have no way of getting coverage so it probably doesn't matter anyway.

thank you guys, but there my LOD is not in the store right now . can i call when the shift starts just to let them know in case i didn't get better by then
There's always a LOD...it's impossible for the store to be open without one. If your store has no LOD call alert one and inform them of the situation.

As some of you know, pfresh openers come in around 6 or 630 in the morning. If your store is 4am, when is the earliest you can call out/in? Do you call out as soon as the flow ETL arrives or do you call out the night before around 1030-11pm?

I know I posted this in an "i'm lost" thread but I dont know how many people reply to those threads compared to the ones in the general area

If you're a 4AM process then SOMEONE, either a TL or Etl, should be there at 3:30 for truck days. If not then call right at 4.

We did answer your other posting. There is always someone who reads all threads on the forum to help you out. It is a team effort to help all members.

I did that once and the closing LOD forgot to put it in the notes so the AM team thought I NCNS :rolleyes:

That happens a lot at our store.....and I'm guilty of this myself. I was covering a GSTL closing shift one night. A cashier called, calling out for the next morning. The LOD was busy at the time, so I approved everything with him over the walkie, and told her she was all set. And then I completely forgot to write a note about it for the opening GSTL. Luckily I worked that day and when I heard of the NCNS I had a, "Oh! No, she called...last...night.....whoops."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back