Archived How to deal with anxiety?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why st any point are you holding a guests credit card

SCO, elderly guest with 10+ coupons, a bunch of $5 GCs from the transaction, paying with a few other GCs, then none of her 3 credit cards were working... I tried one for her in the reader a couple times before deciding to suspend and finish the transaction on another register as I now had 2 other SCO lights blinking. From the pile of GCs, coupons, CCs, etc on the SCO area, I sorted out the stuff I needed (coupons, used GCs, my speed ID) and put in my hoodie pocket; then grabbed her stuff (new coupons, new GCs, suspend slip) to keep seaparate and take to another register to check out. The credit card accidentally got thrown in with the first group of stuff in my pocket...
GSA walked by so I passed her off to him with all her stuff so I could deal with the other SCOs....then a few minutes later he came by and seemed confused and asked if I had her credit card... oh fuck ummm yeah fuckk

If I were going to steal a credit card I’d at least pick one that worked haha

SCO, elderly guest with 10+ coupons, a bunch of $5 GCs from the transaction, paying with a few other GCs, then none of her 3 credit cards were working... I tried one for her in the reader a couple times before deciding to suspend and finish the transaction on another register as I now had 2 other SCO lights blinking. From the pile of GCs, coupons, CCs, etc on the SCO area, I sorted out the stuff I needed (coupons, used GCs, my speed ID) and put in my hoodie pocket; then grabbed her stuff (new coupons, new GCs, suspend slip) to keep seaparate and take to another register to check out. The credit card accidentally got thrown in with the first group of stuff in my pocket...
GSA walked by so I passed her off to him with all her stuff so I could deal with the other SCOs....then a few minutes later he came by and seemed confused and asked if I had her credit card... oh fuck ummm yeah fuckk

If I were going to steal a credit card I’d at least pick one that worked haha
Personally I would’ve held the stuff in my hand or put it in a small bag. I was told in orientation never ever put guests stuff in your clothing for this reason

Personally I would’ve held the stuff in my hand or put it in a small bag. I was told in orientation never ever put guests stuff in your clothing for this reason

Yep, I agree. Was never taught anything like that (or anything at all) in orientation, but that’s common sense. The stuff i put in my pocket was the stuff that she had already used (coupons/GCs that were now target’s, not hers), with the exception of the credit card that I totally absent-mindedly fucked up on and I posted about above because it was terrifying and totally my fault if anything happened. Dodged a bullet I guess and have been even more careful and OCD than ever since then!

Yep, I agree. Was never taught anything like that (or anything at all) in orientation, but that’s common sense. The stuff i put in my pocket was the stuff that she had already used (coupons/GCs that were now target’s, not hers), with the exception of the credit card that I totally absent-mindedly fucked up on and I posted about above because it was terrifying and totally my fault if anything happened. Dodged a bullet I guess and have been even more careful and OCD than ever since then!
yes, glad you came out of it okay.

but even still, i wouldn't put anything even if it's used in my clothing bc it's still a red flag for AP if they see you pocketing any GCs and coupons.

Why st any point are you holding a guests credit card

Because sometimes they hand it to you? I usually just say "card reader is to the right" but sometimes I'll just put it in the card reader for them, especially if it is for a return lookup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back