Archived How to find out your district TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious to know how to find out the last name of our DTL and his boss's name??? Also their address to send something to? Can't find that info anywhere. Not even the operator knows.

thanks!

If you go on Workbench and go to Store Reports, there is a Store Fact Sheet. It lists your ETLs and STL plus district and group people. If you type in the DTL's name on the search engine on Workbench, usually their profile on sharepoint pops up. This lists their colleagues and connections in a tree-like hierarchy (who's under them, over them, etc).

ETA: Email addresses can be two things.. theirstore/group/region.position@target.com or easier firstname.lastname@target.com. If it's a common name, there might be firstname.lastname2@target.com, etc.

Not to sound patronizing, but if you don't know your DTL's last name, I bet you have no business attempting to email them (which by the way, will be sent to their secretary who will at best pop their head in the DTL's office and mention an email from a team member regarding whatever, which the DTL will 99% likely forget about by the end of the day.)

And trying to email your GVP on top of that? What on earth could be so important that you can't even approach your ETLs/STL about it first? o_O

Not to sound patronizing, but if you don't know your DTL's last name, I bet you have no business attempting to email them (which by the way, will be sent to their secretary who will at best pop their head in the DTL's office and mention an email from a team member regarding whatever, which the DTL will 99% likely forget about by the end of the day.)

And trying to email your GVP on top of that? What on earth could be so important that you can't even approach your ETLs/STL about it first? o_O

Sometimes people lose perspective of things.... If something "big enough" is going on in someones life (even if it is trivial to everyone else) in their mind it can become important to anyone.

I am reminded of a TL years ago who was a top performer. (literally, the ETLs kissed his ass constantly... and rightly so, he was an all star) Anyway, one day he quit because an ETL pissed him off. He came in to the store "shopping" over the next several days and came over to talk with me several times. He was shocked that most TMs he talked to didn't even know he had quit, and he was shocked the store was still running just fine. He was also shocked none of the ETLs missed him and had moved on. Basically he was so caught up in his own world (his issues with that ETL) that he didn't realize 99% of people in the store didn't even know about it. All he was looking at was "his world". He didn't look at the bigger picture.

I have a feeling the OP in this thread is doing something similar..... something "huge" (in his mind) is going on between the OP and store leader(s)..... so he feels it deserves attention from upper management.... even though it is probably something that can be solved by a competent ETL quickly.....

Only possible exception I could see would be the STL involved in theft, and he caught him on video. Other than that, can't really imagine what would justify a TM contacting a DTL directly.

Last edited:

1st of all I said address -- never said email address. 2nd of all no team members in our store know his/her name -- only the 1st name.
3rd -- there's so much crap going on at the store the STL or HR person has done NOTHING to help. :angry:

Sometimes people lose perspective of things.... If something "big enough" is going on in someones life (even if it is trivial to everyone else) in their mind it can become important to anyone.

I am reminded of a TL years ago who was a top performer. (literally, the ETLs kissed his ass constantly... and rightly so, he was an all star) Anyway, one day he quit because an ETL pissed him off. He came in to the store "shopping" over the next several days and came over to talk with me several times. He was shocked that most TMs he talked to didn't even know he had quit, and he was shocked the store was still running just fine. He was also shocked none of the ETLs missed him and had moved on. Basically he was so caught up in his own world (his issues with that ETL) that he didn't realize 99% of people in the store didn't even know about it. All he was looking at was "his world". He didn't look at the bigger picture.

I have a feeling the OP in this thread is doing something similar..... something "huge" (in his mind) is going on between the OP and store leader(s)..... so he feels it deserves attention from upper management.... even though it is probably something that can be solved by a competent ETL quickly.....

Only possible exception I could see would be the STL involved in theft, and he caught him on video. Other than that, can't really imagine what would justify a TM contacting a DTL directly.

If only you knew what was going on ...it's just not me....there are about 5 other tm's that want his/her full name and these (plus a couple more) have also called the hotline....NOTHING has improved. It's not just one thing -- it's ALOT of things and has brought the teams moral way way down -- been like this for over 2 years now. The past 2 best team surveys have reflected this (so as you can see it's not just this TM -- it's alot of TMs)!

1st of all I said address -- never said email address. 2nd of all no team members in our store know his/her name -- only the 1st name.
3rd -- there's so much crap going on at the store the STL or HR person has done NOTHING to help. :angry:

Don't forget, any email you send will probably be traced back to the computer you use via the IP.

Just mentioning that if you want to remain anonymous.

Lots of tm's have called the integrity hotline -- still NOTHING has been done!

hmmm.. if there is so many issues at your store, your dtl would be visiting your store alot. it does take time to review & investiagte claims against your upper mgt by tm's, assuming there is supporting documents & events of bp violations happening at your store. I would Talk to your stl first.

Last edited:
If only you knew what was going on ...it's just not me....there are about 5 other tm's that want his/her full name and these (plus a couple more) have also called the hotline....NOTHING has improved. It's not just one thing -- it's ALOT of things and has brought the teams moral way way down -- been like this for over 2 years now. The past 2 best team surveys have reflected this (so as you can see it's not just this TM -- it's alot of TMs)!

To paraphrase Joe Hill, Don't email, organize.

Target has discontinued providing Non-Exempt/Hourly employees with their DTL or ERDR (Employee Relations District Resource) Your options are you TL, your ETL, your ETL-HR, your STL or the Employee Relations Hotline, so even if you happen to be able to find out a DTL's name or contact information, it's contrary to Target policy for you to reach out to that person, sorry to report his bad news.
Curious to know how to find out the last name of our DTL and his boss's name??? Also their address to send something to? Can't find that info anywhere. Not even the operator knows.

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back