Archived How to pull discontinued out of backroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I took a gander through our freezer the other day, and we have an OBSCENE amount of discontinued bakery back there. Like, more discontinued stuff than active stuff, no joke. It was actually oddly disgustingly fascinating to see all the baked goods that I had no idea we ever sold, lol.

Anyway, I'm dying to get that OUT (it's all quite old, plus some of it is expired), but I'm not sure how. I told my TL about it and she said there's a way you can pull up a report that can help get everything out, but she didn't know offhand how to do it. I know if I wait for her to figure it out, it will be ages before it gets done, and I'd rather just know how so I take initiative and do it myself soon.

So...freezer discontinued? Explain away! :D I'm BR trained, a bit, so I know basic functions but if it's something a little more complicated you'll have to be more specific.

So I took a gander through our freezer the other day, and we have an OBSCENE amount of discontinued bakery back there. Like, more discontinued stuff than active stuff, no joke. It was actually oddly disgustingly fascinating to see all the baked goods that I had no idea we ever sold, lol.

Anyway, I'm dying to get that OUT (it's all quite old, plus some of it is expired), but I'm not sure how. I told my TL about it and she said there's a way you can pull up a report that can help get everything out, but she didn't know offhand how to do it. I know if I wait for her to figure it out, it will be ages before it gets done, and I'd rather just know how so I take initiative and do it myself soon.

So...freezer discontinued? Explain away! :D I'm BR trained, a bit, so I know basic functions but if it's something a little more complicated you'll have to be more specific.

Get with your Instocks TL/Consumables TL regarding this product. They probably will have (or come up with a plan) for the food.

The MPG report - go to Online Planogram and click on the tab that says MPG report. It'll tell you what POGs have D-Code product in the back. Then you can do a PTM fill for it. If it's at my store, the PFresh team takes care of the d-code bakery, because it has to be date-stamped, thawed and put in an appropriate location.

When we get an obscene amount, the ETLs usually just have them pull it, requisition it, and put it in our breakroom for the team members to eat.

I'd pull up the backroom detail report on store apps. Filter it to show just the freezer, then organize it by code. D-code is discontinued product. It will show you what is D-code and where it is located in the freezer so you can pull it.

Of course you'll need to coordinate with your TL as to where you're gonna put it all!

Last edited:
What do people tend to do with D-code bakery? Try and sell it or defect? I'd try and get it out and sell it, but some of it is so old that I wonder if it's fit to eat, lol.

If it's expired you'll need to qmos it. The expiration date will be on the box. Otherwise your best bet would be to put it all on some endcap in market or at the checklanes on 50% TPC.

Last edited:
I was gonna answer this but it looks like you folks beat me to it! :p

I usually check for d-code in PFresh about once a month. Just like mspk said, pull up the Backroom Detail Report in Store Applications and click "sort by status" once your report is up. That'll bring d-code product to the top of the list. Then I'll set the product up on an endcap, notch cart, or the lanes, TPC it and hope for the best! If I still have stuff in the back after filling as much as I can, I'll store-tie it so it continues to pull.

If you have a ton and some of it is past the date code you can always donate it to your local food bank. The most recent revision of donation policies asks for us to donate stuff like that and if the food bank doesn't want it, they can toss it. We did this before our perishables inventory before last. If the food bank doesn't want it, well, we don't have to pay for the weight of trash, and if they're cool with it, well it may be stale but I'm sure people can still enjoy it.

Yes, we do donate our expired bakery so I'm not worried about chucking the stuff out. Actually QMOS'ed out two boxes of baked goods today that a TM had pulled randomly because it was past expiration. it's the non-dated stuff like old cupcakes and whatnot that I'm itching to get my hands on. Soon, precious, soon. ;)

Our D code bakery stuff usually is cookies or cakes from whatever seasonal item is out. I super push all that stuff out the day before the holiday is up because it either goes clearance or tpc'd. Otherwise the lod will come up to me, and have me pull it all out, a week or so later when no one cares, and the items wouldn't sell very well. I've found that at our store, warehouse will push like thirty to fifty cases of cupcakes and cookies for the holiday in question about a week or less before the day of. This way our store can not sell even more bland frozen confections! (Double thumbs up and goofy smile)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back