Archived How to pull flexes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLN13

Hardlines TM
Can anyone give me a quick guide of how to pull flexes??

I literally always open and tomorrow is my first closing shift since may, and at my store, Hardlines always pull the flexes after FF leaves (3:30).

Can someone just give me a quick guide on how to do it?

Move app
Scan a cart
Select pick up batch (unless you are picking all ship from store eaches too)
Follow prompts on device
Will lead you to item, scanning it into cart and taking to where ever your store keeps OPU.
Be sure to fill out label before scanning items into hold locations or it will disappear

Really not that difficult as long as you follow the prompts and can find the softlines items

Move app
Scan a cart
Select pick up batch (unless you are picking all ship from store eaches too)
Follow prompts on device
Will lead you to item, scanning it into cart and taking to where ever your store keeps OPU.
Be sure to fill out label before scanning items into hold locations or it will disappear

Really not that difficult as long as you follow the prompts and can find the softlines items
Where in the move app is it located? And can I use any 3-tier? How do you scan it into the cart? Also, I’m confused about the label, what do you mean?

-Get yourself trained on power equipment in case you need to use a wave
-If the system prompts you to pull 6 eaches but you only need 1 for the order STILL PULL ALL 6! If you don't you're going to mess up your BRLA, the system will think you put 5 on the floor and 1 in OPU when in reality you put 1 in OPU and there are now 5 sitting in the backroom with no location. It's telling to pull 6 because it knows the floor is empty so you'll need to push it once you're done with the order
-learn how to use the rfid gun in case you need to locate something in sofltines
-if you forget to fill out the label before placing it in hold, use "order inquiry" on the PDA to find the info
-ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS scan the barcode on the actual item, not the shelf tag
-turn on your alerts on the mydevice so that you'll know when a new order drops
-ASANTS but consider changing out of your red shirt so that you'll look less like a TM and you won't get stopped as much by guests
-you need to call LOD every time before you click "can't find" for an item. At least in my district they're very keen on keeping INF below a certain percentage so the LOD needs to verify that you've checked every possible location (repacks, reshops, go back bins at the registers, random cart in the backroom with a POG batch, etc.)

Where in the move app is it located? And can I use any 3-tier? How do you scan it into the cart? Also, I’m confused about the label, what do you mean?

Just open up the move app and scan the first label on any 3-tier. You have to stick with that cart though for the rest of the order so don't scan and walk away.

You need to write down the guest's name, date, and order number onto a label and stick it with the order. Otherwise the team has no idea which order is for which guest.

Also pay attention to the condition of the items you're pulling. I had a TM pull a book with a bent cover and the guest came back upset. If it's the last one then partner with your GSTL to offer the guest a discount or something when they come in.

Thanks everyone! How do I see the current flex orders in the move app? Are they just right on the screen?

Cam you pull batches with the move app? I can't try it as I don't want to mess the flexes.

Cam you pull batches with the move app? I can't try it as I don't want to mess the flexes.
Yes, our entire back room team is switching to the move app. We don’t use PDAs at all anymore. It sucks, there’s never any zebras. There’s some weird system now where for CAFs and any batches backeoom has to scan the vehicle (3tier flat tub etc) before pulling.. its stupid. Don’t see the point.

Thanks everyone! How do I see the current flex orders in the move app? Are they just right on the screen?
You can only see how many there are. You won't be able to see what exactly you'll be pulling until you scan a cart to start

Partner up with a LOD if you really find you're self struggling

Turn on myalerts for flexible fulfillment, you'll be notified whenever you get a flex.

Make sure that the sfs team finished what they were suppose to finish. Because any flex orders will show up under the "Pick Today" tab as "pickup" because you don't want to accidentally start working on the actual ship batches, the two options are very close to each other.

Flexes are usually rather simple orders, hopefully no one tries to do a whole shopping trip

Can anyone give me a quick guide of how to pull flexes??

I literally always open and tomorrow is my first closing shift since may, and at my store, Hardlines always pull the flexes after FF leaves (3:30).

Can someone just give me a quick guide on how to do it?
If you see this in time, please ask the LOD as soon as you get there so they can have someone actually show you how to do it.

If you see this in time, please ask the LOD as soon as you get there so they can have someone actually show you how to do it.
Didn’t end up doing it anyways, but thanks. They had someone else cover them.

You do it the hard way. I printed labels for all my backroom tm and they have it on the back of their name tags. They use same labels for flex and all caf/oos by not releasing the cart. Work smarter not harder

When you open the Move app, you have to go to the "epick" (I...think that's what it's called?) tab. Since pulls moved to the Move app the FF stuff isn't the first screen you see when you open it anymore.

It'll group things by category ("pickup" "rush" "ship" and "ship alone"). Just select the pickup and start task. At 3:30 pickup should be the only things you see under "pick today ship today" anyway. Rushes can sometimes drop in until 4 though, so if you see that let someone know.

You can scan a cart label, or just manually enter a fake cart if the pickup is just one or two items that you don't feel like pushing a cart around for. You can punch in "shpxx" and replace the x's with whatever letters you want. After you find the items you'll have to scan them to the cart, so just manually punch in "shpxx01" after each thing.

After you've picked everything in the pickup it'll prompt you to take it to the hold location. Do that, and scan each item into a hold location when prompted.

Definitely turn on alerts. Learn to hate that chime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back