Archived How was that first holiday pay check?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love our discount but I swear Target gives it to us to drive sales and give them their money right back.

We have a cashier who shops after her shifts every single day. She always fills a big cart. Its like she only works at Target for the discount to buy stuff its crazy. When she shops on her lunch she literally fills 3 or 4 lockers with bags. Its ridiculous.

Damn that is so crazy, I do everything I can NOT to shop at Target because then I feel like I'm working for free lol

Damn that is so crazy, I do everything I can NOT to shop at Target because then I feel like I'm working for free lol
Generally target is the same price as anywhere. youre getting a 10% plus 5% if youve got the card. Its nothing like youre working for free. Id be shopping at target if the grocery selection was better. I usually only buy clothes because they beat walmart in quality by tenfold and whos got the money for the mall...lol that 15% just cant be beat.

Generally target is the same price as anywhere. youre getting a 10% plus 5% if youve got the card. Its nothing like youre working for free. Id be shopping at target if the grocery selection was better. I usually only buy clothes because they beat walmart in quality by tenfold and whos got the money for the mall...lol that 15% just cant be beat.

Yeah I just mean in the sense of giving the money that I make there BACK to the store.

I love our discount but I swear Target gives it to us to drive sales and give them their money right back.

We have a cashier who shops after her shifts every single day. She always fills a big cart. Its like she only works at Target for the discount to buy stuff its crazy. When she shops on her lunch she literally fills 3 or 4 lockers with bags. Its ridiculous.
How can she even afford to do that wtf

Word up. My family usually buys groceries at a local chain near our house, and then more general goods at Spot because I'm a coupon master.

It was my worst in a while.

Sadly, I'm one of the schmucks that has a family to be with every Holiday if I can. :rolleyes:

If I saw that Id be tipping of AP. Stuff like that is suspicious and Can be related to other crimes/theft.

It was over $700 for 4 days of work. Pretty sweet. Course we get paid weekly

$600 and its all GONE. I'm currently struggling to make it though this week. and we have one week before payday. send help

second holiday pay was shite

made 460 after tax like wtf why did electronics hours go down

and by that i mean wtf stop scheduling 4 of us w 4.5 hr shifts so we dont have to take lunches give me back my 30 hour weeks im tired if this 22-25 hr a week bs and i cant even pick up shifts bcos i only get 1 day a week off!!!

Since I was still on my training schedule I only got $180. (My first paycheck ever!) But next paycheck, will be about $400

It was over $700 for 4 days of work. Pretty sweet. Course we get paid weekly

...You made more in one week than I did in 2. I work full time and often hit overtime. Kill me, please.

I was disgusted with my last paycheck. I feel like I'm working more and more, and my paychecks keep getting smaller. Granted, I'm paying for insurance and my 401k now too, but that doesn't do much to take away the horror when I see that number on the check. :(

Target leaves me so exhausted and stressed when I get home that I literally do NOTHING aside from work, eat, sleep, and watch a show or two on netflix before going to bed (often while eating)...my days off are often spent catching up on sleep. So I basically give Target my entire life, and the paycheck is disgustingly small.

I kind of wish I didn't have such great bosses right now, otherwise I'd quit without a second thought. It's just not worth the terrible pay anymore. For a while I thought about trying to become a TL, but realizing how bad the TL pay is and realizing that there's basically no way for that to be any less stressful than being a TM...yea...not looking too appealing.

It sucks. I enjoy the process of working at Target. I like my job in theory. But we attract the crappiest TMs and we're perpetually understaffed, so it makes actually doing the job and doing it well next to impossible.

...You made more in one week than I did in 2. I work full time and often hit overtime. Kill me, please.

I was disgusted with my last paycheck. I feel like I'm working more and more, and my paychecks keep getting smaller. Granted, I'm paying for insurance and my 401k now too, but that doesn't do much to take away the horror when I see that number on the check. :(

Target leaves me so exhausted and stressed when I get home that I literally do NOTHING aside from work, eat, sleep, and watch a show or two on netflix before going to bed (often while eating)...my days off are often spent catching up on sleep. So I basically give Target my entire life, and the paycheck is disgustingly small.

I kind of wish I didn't have such great bosses right now, otherwise I'd quit without a second thought. It's just not worth the terrible pay anymore. For a while I thought about trying to become a TL, but realizing how bad the TL pay is and realizing that there's basically no way for that to be any less stressful than being a TM...yea...not looking too appealing.

It sucks. I enjoy the process of working at Target. I like my job in theory. But we attract the crappiest TMs and we're perpetually understaffed, so it makes actually doing the job and doing it well next to impossible.

It's not the norm for me at all. Just happened to work an OT shift and thanksgiving fell in the same pay period, so I hit overtime pay quicker.

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time. I used to work at the store and will never forget nights of falling asleep in my chair with an open can of beer during Q4 just from exhaustion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back