Archived How was your stores Fallout 4 launch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine only ended up receiving one case of the blue jones soda, all of which went to one guest who came in at 8. Never found the hats/caps, I guess they must be in a random softlines cart somewhere in the back, and the Funko toys that they sent us were actually from the WWE wrestling set. I guess since they have the same dpci as the fallout version DC just sent the wrong stuff.

We didn't have any of the Soda....the system said we had on hand counts but none were to be found .

It wasn't a disaster but definitely could have gone better. Apparently we only got a case of the soda (of which most went to online orders, a thing guests who came into the store did not know they could do) and the hats? Came in yesterday, receiver acknowledged them and everything, somebody in electronics took it from there. Today nobody had any idea where they had disappeared to.

Also the store didn't really do much of a job communicating that a big vidya event was happening. We didn't have much of a crowd but the first guest who asked me about Fallout 4 merch got a blank, blank stare from me. Didn't help that he was wearing a security uniform like the guys in the armored truck so I thought he was speaking in some bizarre code at first.

It went very well at my store. I had the game and the single case of the soda ready to go hours before the store opened. We did not get anything else. I told the backroom that we were not doing flexible fulfillment orders on the sodas and we were going to limit it to one per guest with no holding.

Looks like there is a poop storm brewing on Target's facebook page. People are rather mad that team members bought all the soda before the store opened.

The proof!?

The guy totally told me he did and offered to sell it to me for 1,000,000 bucks!

Yeah ok Sparkey....

It's crazy how people are going nuts over some Jones Soda. Yeah, it's got F4 all over it, yeah, it's a limited production, but TMs buying the whole case/guests buying it all/etc and then RESELLING it for outrageous amounts of money.

Fucking idiots.

I don't think it was TMs buying it up I think a lot of it was FA orders.

Knowing some of my co-workers, I'm sure they may have withheld some if possible. Didn't work last night, so I dont know for sure.

Mine only ended up receiving one case of the blue jones soda, all of which went to one guest who came in at 8. Never found the hats/caps, I guess they must be in a random softlines cart somewhere in the back, and the Funko toys that they sent us were actually from the WWE wrestling set. I guess since they have the same dpci as the fallout version DC just sent the wrong stuff.

I found all the items. But why did you not limit the soda to 1 per guest?

I am *TICKED* about how poorly this was handled company-wide. This is an epic PR nightmare that was not at all handled in an intelligent way, mostly with how dreadful the communication is. There may have been individual stores that knew what they had and handled it smartly, but I've read several articles today about stores who didn't even know what they had, and just let people walk out the store with both full cases in hand, as if it was just some other soda.

Whoever did the market research for this item needs to be drug out into the street and flogged with dirty dust mops until they repent. This product needed a pallet of cases to sell, not a single case or no cases at some stores. They should have observed how well Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas sold, and then asked fans how *important* Nuka Cola Quantums were -- the game itself has you looking for them, and just for 20 of them all over this vast post-nuke landscape, so you can darn well bet a real world version would be pretty valuable to fans, and there is a *HUGE* number of fans.

When I heard that we had actually had them, only just today for the first time, I got in line for one after those waiting at the door had filed in and got behind them, to be fair. I got one, but the greatness of it is now tainted with how p.i.t.i.f.u.l.l.y. the whole situation was managed as a company. This is the kind of item I would personally drive hours out of my city if I knew a place stocked them and could sell me one. Before I even know what price they were, I decided I would pay up to $60 for a single bottle, just to get one, but it turned out they were just $3, and I knew immediately someone upstairs had no idea what the ever-loving farkle they were doing. They could have sold all of them for $30 or more each and would still have sold out, but this was a colossal failure.

The fact that some stores let guests buy more than 1 per, has me S-T-E-A-M-I-N-G..

We got 12 bottles, 2 each of the hats. Twenty guests in line before doors opened. Thank god the idiot running launch decided at the last second to pull the drinks in the boat to hard limit. Done in ten minutes. Every five mins somebody called to ask. Every ten straight to electronics. Every twenty someone in person came asking. Lots of gamer's girls trying to make their guys' day...I feel bad for them. They had no more idea than Target. I asked one if she got paid last Friday and suggested she kiss that check goodbuy and buy it on Ebay. I think one of our TM (who was off today) bought a bottle. But thats it.

If Jones NY is smart they push out production since the damn stuff has two more POGs coming up but is already in the gun as "disco soon".....RAWR.

We got 24 bottles at my store.

My store got 24 (came in packs of 12), kept them behind the electronics desk, and only allowed 2 per person. We also took priority for the people who came in store, and didn't let online orders go through (we had someone try to place an order for six...no)

Any employee at my store had to wait until 15 minutes after the store opened and be on their break, and wait in any line (fortunately, no line at my store though) in order to purchase it. I got two, which was nice.

Why the hell did corporate allow FF for this? I'm glad we refused the orders and sold it to guests who came in the store. Fuck people who think they're so entitled that they think they should get more than everybody because they're too lazy to sit in line.

Also saw a guy wearing a vault 101 hoodie which was cool

If Jones NY is smart they push out production since the damn stuff has two more POGs coming up but is already in the gun as "disco soon".....RAWR.

Yeah, that was weird. Why is it on the next two POGs?

Anyways though, I'm going to go back. And play the game some more

People need to go to the ulv stores for this stuff. Our last hat and last soda didn't sell until after 3pm.

Though interestingly enough, there is a store in our mywork's range that says they have 12 sodas. And another one that says they have 5.

We had one case of 12, someone did an online order for 10 of them. There was a line outside when we opened, a herd of people ran back to electronics, and an off-the-clock TM snatched the last 2 of the soda. We didn't get any other merch to my knowledge

Well we had 15 Soda's in all......

And they were all bought by one person in Flexible Fullfillment..

Lmao..

Received 2 cases. Sold most of them. When I was aware of them, we had 5 left. Actually had an online flexible item requesting 14 of them. Nope, denied. "What of your fulfillment rate?" It's $3 juice, nothing special about it.

Received 2 cases. Sold most of them. When I was aware of them, we had 5 left. Actually had an online flexible item requesting 14 of them. Nope, denied. "What of your fulfillment rate?" It's $3 juice, nothing special about it.

Yeah we rejected all of the online flexible orders asking for them.

We had a FF for 6 sodas before open, "found" 1 for that guest. Held the rest of the 1 case we got at the boat & limited sodas to 1 per guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back