Hows your day before Easter store days hgoing?

Some kid, or kids, threw eggs. So that was fun to clean up.

But I was so relieved when I was told I was zoning pets and chemicals today. I usually zone toys and sporting goods on the weekends, it was the best news ever. Zone was easy peasy.

Yesterday was bad, but I suppose it could have been worse. It felt like we ran out 100 drive ups between 7 and 9. I'm impressed that our DU time was only 2:58.

Our schedule was so light that folks got called in and (insert gasp) overtime was offered. The store was trashed, produce and mini seasonal were empty, tms were crying as they left (joking/not joking). Maybe one day the Almighty Schedulemaker will actually look at the calendar rather than the comps and schedule a holiday correctly.

My sister in law is from western Europe, and she said it was just for church. Now, it is becoming more Americanized.
Then her Easter is next Sunday . Orthodox is the religion I was brought up with and honestly when I moved to USA not only it was a culture shock but the way the holidays in general are celebrate here made me feel that the emphasis was more put on material things and not so much on the meaning of the holiday . That’s just something I feel .which to me is very sad .

Back