HR Changing schedule without me knowing

The wall schedule does not change after it is posted.

Not true. Ours always has handwritten changes (due to TMs swapping shifts, etc) that are reflected on Kronos. Similarly, I picked up shifts and they were changed directly in system but not reflected on original paper schedule. The only way I would remember is by checking Kronos.

ASANTS, but at my store if major changes were made to the schedule, the wall schedule might be changed, or not, depending on who was working that day in HR. Since there was little rhyme or reason to whether or not the schedule would be reprinted other than who worked on a particular day, and the fact that a certain ETL would change the schedule without telling anyone, including the TMs whose schedules were changed, going by the wall schedule could often be a crapshoot. We always advised our team to take a picture of the schedule when it came out and I kept a printout of the original as a backup in case problems came up later, and unfortunately problems often did...🙄

in my state the employer is allowed to make any changes to the schedule they want as long as it is done 24 hrs ahead of time. It is the employees responsibility to check (yes, everyday) While this doesn't seem right it is the law here. Whether Target does this or not it is their perogative. While this may seem unfair in the employees eyes it is the law at least in my state.

There’s really no need to take a photo of it anyway. If you don’t use Kronos or MyTime just write it down. We have a similar note and write up TMs caught taking a photo of it.
Writing it down does nothing if the issue is the schedule changing after printing, even days after printing, no one notifying the TMs, and the TMs getting in trouble for being late or NCNSs for the shifts they were never told were added. A handwritten copy is not proof that the schedule changed well after printing. Management could claim the TM made a copy mistake.

Last edited:
Writing it down does nothing if the issue is the schedule changing after printing, even days after printing, no one notifying the TMs, and the TMs getting in trouble for being late or NCNSs for the shifts they were never told were added. A handwritten copy is not proof that the schedule changed well after printing. Management could claim the TM made a copy mistake.
How do you make a ‘copy mistake’. The photo copy of the wall schedule (which apparently you are not supposed to take though I’ve never been told not to ) has the shifts AND date the Schulz was posted on it on the bottom of the page - proof that it was indeed posted on that date WITH those shifts.

in my state the employer is allowed to make any changes to the schedule they want as long as it is done 24 hrs ahead of time. It is the employees responsibility to check (yes, everyday) While this doesn't seem right it is the law here. Whether Target does this or not it is their perogative. While this may seem unfair in the employees eyes it is the law at least in my state.
I've heard that before, that may be the case in my state as well. I maintain that changing a TM's schedule after its posted is a shitty thing to do, regardless of law. If they actually want them to show up, it would behoove leadership to notify their people.

And what I found absolutely stupid and ridiculous is the person who’s HR called my brother into her office when he missed a second day told him that she would “let this one slide” even tho this is her freakin problem since she’s not telling people their schedule was updated during the week! I’m like mad that this is even happening

How do you make a ‘copy mistake’. The photo copy of the wall schedule (which apparently you are not supposed to take though I’ve never been told not to ) has the shifts AND date the Schulz was posted on it on the bottom of the page - proof that it was indeed posted on that date WITH those shifts.
@ThreeCreeks said that at their location TMs are not allowed to take pictures, will be written up if caught and said that writing it on a piece of paper was just as good.

we are not allowed to take pictures of the schedule because the picture would show other peoples schedules as well ( thats the reason we were given) they called it a privacy matter

If you need a photo for proof then log into MyTime and screenshot it or take a photo of the screen if you’re in the TSC. Regardless the FLSA allows employers to change employees schedules (if they’re over 16) without notice or consent. Some states/cities have laws about it but most don’t. Oregon requires 7 day notice, DC requires 21 days, Seattle requires 14 days written notice etc.

If you need a photo for proof then log into MyTime and screenshot it or take a photo of the screen if you’re in the TSC. Regardless the FLSA allows employers to change employees schedules (if they’re over 16) without notice or consent. Some states/cities have laws about it but most don’t. Oregon requires 7 day notice, DC requires 21 days, Seattle requires 14 days written notice etc.
But also to punish when there has been no notification?

I have actually run into a similar problem before. I had an entire week not scheduled for me, and thinking it was weird, I checked Kronos, the online site, and the printed schedule. And of course, I had nothing scheduled for a week. I hadn’t scheduled any time off either, but given that school finals were coming up for me, I thought my LOD was gifting me a week off (as she sometimes does). Friday that week, I check my schedule to find out when I work the following week, but something was different. Apparently my schedule changed on me and I ended up missing 2 shifts during the week. Funnily enough, I was shopping at Target during one of the shifts I “missed” and my TL didn’t say a thing to me about my shift. I found out my HR put out my schedule before it was made, which ended up not saying that I was scheduled. In your case, the HR probably messed up the initial schedule and changed it back to the original after a few days.

I have actually run into a similar problem before. I had an entire week not scheduled for me, and thinking it was weird, I checked Kronos, the online site, and the printed schedule. And of course, I had nothing scheduled for a week. I hadn’t scheduled any time off either, but given that school finals were coming up for me, I thought my LOD was gifting me a week off (as she sometimes does). Friday that week, I check my schedule to find out when I work the following week, but something was different. Apparently my schedule changed on me and I ended up missing 2 shifts during the week. Funnily enough, I was shopping at Target during one of the shifts I “missed” and my TL didn’t say a thing to me about my shift. I found out my HR put out my schedule before it was made, which ended up not saying that I was scheduled. In your case, the HR probably messed up the initial schedule and changed it back to the original after a few days.

She messes up schedules quite frequently. Many times not schedule a cashier at the end of the night or there’s a gap when they don’t have a cashier. Old HR never had any of these problems.

See this one of the reasons why some people quit. Doing shady shit like this. When your late or your schedule is changed Tarshit doesn't call saying where are you or hey we changed your schedule.

See this one of the reasons why some people quit. Doing shady shit like this. When your late or your schedule is changed Tarshit doesn't call saying where are you or hey we changed your schedule.

That comes under the umbrella term "business needs." It's one of the many ways Target is shadier now than it was. I'm not saying it's shadier than any other company, but definitely saying it's shadier than it once was.

1. If you don't ask for a shift off thirty thousand weeks early, that's your problem. If Target screws up the schedule and changes it the day before, it's your problem too. Business needs.

2. If they want you gone but either don't have any cause to fire you or just plain don't want to document the reason, they stop scheduling you. Business needs.

Honestly talk to your HR about the issues if you can. If you cant, hotline it. Schedules MUST be posted by 12pm thursday evenings in our district. Per the hrbp. Absolutely no exception. Schedule is posted through mytime at that time. Any change after that is called a post-schedule edit. Mytime logs data for every single click through the system and has a report (schedule edits report in mytime). It logs the date time and action changed on the schedule. So no one can claim they dont know who's messing with it, it's all recorded. We ran into this in our store when the tls had mytime access and changed things all willy nilly and caused alot of issues. Also the reason corporate took away mytime access from everyone except HR, Sd, etls & closing lead.

Back