Archived HR Experts... not for long??

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with all the new workday rollouts we've been trained on it seems like HR is having less of a store role and ETls/Leaders taking on more responsibility. HROC can do most HR functions as far as benefits and payroll, but of course you will always have to have an HR in the building for TMs/legal purposes. With that being said, it seems like HR Experts roles are lessening responsibilities too....... are they trying to drop the need for HR experts with new modernization guide? My HR ETL says no, but I have a feeling they are headed in that direction, even though we are a big asset to the store. What are your thoughts??? Will we make it????

I talked to my ETL because my initial thought was the same as yours. Welp, it was a fun run while it lasted. But I had plenty of time to think about it before I could get 5 minutes with my ETL to actually go over everything.

It helps if you remove yourself from the store structure. HRE is definitely a support role now. We will be there to help the differents Teams and Leaders in whatever capacity we can do they can do their jobs. We’ll have to wait and see what the new onboarding process looks like and what permissions we’ll have but my ETL wants me to own the calendar for interviews. We’ll still do orientations. We can track trainings to make sure TMs are getting them completed. We’ll move people around to cover vacations on the schedule and call people in to cover a call out. It isn’t so much what we do but how we do it that’s going to change.

There is a shady af hr girl in culver city, CA One friend of mine worked there, gave notice they had a school schedule, during the interview, and was shown a paper they supposedly signed regarding the issue. They are certain they never signed it. Moving on to a few weeks ago, same friend was talking to new co-worker about jobs they had and friend mentions the same target same hr girl. They worked there at different times and other co-worker said they worked there and had a similar issue happen. Both were fired for this, btw. That co-worker sued Target over it, as a forgery issue. Guess what, Target settled with them out of court. So Target settled out of court but keeps same hr girl, if they are getting ride of most hr, she should be the first. I am sure target knows who this is, since they settled out of court, and all people are probably named in the lawsuit. Just putting this out there in case anyone is pretty sure they did not sign a paper.

There’s a lot more that HR does besides processing applicants, which we’ll undoubtedly still have to manage regardless of the changes. Remember the fear over Workday 1.0? HR still has to herd a lot of leaders to complete those tasks. Also, I have yet to work at a store where the SD does the schedule, they’ve only ever been involved in planning and editing the grids after we’ve keyed it. My verdict: HR Expert not going away anytime soon, but an hours reduction is a possibility in more LV to ULV stores.

I'm going to guess that knowing how to spell "straight" is a more important requirement for HR than sexual preference. 🤷‍♂️
Good job defending target and making fun of my bad spelling skills.
You missed my point. Target has questionable hiring practices.
HR is unnecessary and wasted payroll

I never did the job.
In all the years I worked at target I never saw a strait male working in HR. It was all gays and women. The store I worked at would never put a strait male like me in hr

I work in a VERY predominantly gay area and there are a few straight regular dudes in HR TM and HR ETL positions at stores around me. All you’ve seen is you’re store, don’t generalize the company over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back