Archived HR @ LV stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRZone

Former ETL HR
Hey all, so I am considering buying a small home and transferring stores in the process that would mean leaving my current HV store (overnight) for a LV (6am process).

For those of you at low volume stores what do you usually see from your HRTM? Are they expected to help on the floor or at the lanes?

I don't mind this as I do it at my current store. I love backing up guest services but I am definitely not expected to do it and I am thinking that will change should I transfer.

Last edited:
Our hrtm will back up at the lanes if she's not in the middle of anything, she'll also cover the phones if we don't have softlines. She'll occasionally get scheduled cashier shifts here and there, but probably is all dependent upon hours wanted.

My store is a 6am process. 1 ETL HR, 1 HR TM. I believe our HR TM works 7:00-3:30 M-F, but I'm not 100% sure. Occasionally I see them at guest services or on the sales floor, but it's rare.

My HRTM will backup cashier if we're low and is always in charge of the phone if she's there (aside from 4th quarter) but the only time I've seen her on the floor other than that has been to help out during huddle projects for like 20min or so.

She's definitely not getting 40hrs right now but I imagine that's mostly by choice (not wanting to pick up non-HR shifts) but during the better quarters she works a pretty consistent m-f 7-3:30.

Our current HRTM does cash office on weekday mornings. Previous HRTMs were able to get 40 hours and set their own schedule, so I'm not sure if it was her idea to do CO or if it's something our current ETL-HR came up with.

We used to have an amazing HR TM/ETL pair, but since they left we've been going through at least a couple HR TMs and ETLs per year.

This insight is huge guys. Appreciate it, I am told this store won't have 40 hours this time of year which sucks. But at my store right now with 2 tms I am usually at 32 of HR at my current store with one day of hardlines, Plano or in stocks to supplement.

I think the phone could be a deal breaker for me. I cover fitting rooms breaks right now but having the phone all the time might drive me insane.

We have 2 HRTMs, sometimes at the same time. They cover the lanes sometimes but they never cover phones. We usually leave them alone.

We have two HRTMs and one HR-ETL. Unless you're actually interested in what the ETL does, I'll just go about what our TMs do.

Out of our two HRTMs, one will sometimes help out on the salesfloor while the other is more often out at the front, helping out at guest service. The salesfloor one is most often the one writing up the schedule for the entire store, so we don't see her as frequently. That being said, she's kind of a bitch and often just walks away if you need help so I have no idea what she's up to most of the time. The other is usually more visible and happy to help out wherever it's necessary.

So asides from human resources, just general slightly-above-average TM stuff, and pulling my goddamned Starbucks out of the fucking refrigerator. We're not going to get the fucking plague just because I took a sip of my coffee and put it in the refrigerator.

My store is ULV and we have one HRTM and an ETL HR.

The HRTM gets roughly 24-26 hours a week for HR and pads the rest with CO and usually one shift on the floor. A typical schedule for her might look something like this:

3 days a week:
7-9 Cash Office
9-330 HR

One day:
8-430 HR

One day:
Sales Floor/Plano/Price whichever has extra hours:
8-430

I think the phone could be a deal breaker for me. I cover fitting rooms breaks right now but having the phone all the time might drive me insane.
Ours does not have the phone all day. We have at least one softlines TM come in by 9am and they take the portable phone and act as operator.

I am in a ulv ( 6 am store). We have one hrtm and one hr /ap etl. Our hr tm is great . She does the schedule, keeps the breakroom stocked with pband j. answers any questions we have about benefits, schedule etc and of course all the other normal hr duties She also will answer the phones until a softlines tm comes in . She does help out with cash office if they have a call out etc

Thanks, I am feeling better about this. Is HR under 40 hours at all of your stores at this time of year?

Hr averages about 30 hours as my store currently. We have an ETL-HR and a HRTM. They write the schedules, help with TM problems, the usual HR shit. but they'll occasionally work sales floor or cashiering shifts if need be.

6 am process store. It's just myself and my HR ETL. During this time of the year I get 32-38 hours for HR. I will pick up C/O, guest service and salesfloor shifts during my 32 hour weeks. There is ALWAYS a call out. During the 4th quarter I get my full 40 hours/week. I will cover the phones on occasion but that's only if fitting room and softlines calls out, so not very often. I hate the phone lol. Like you said it's ok for covering brakes etc but I don't want it all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back