Archived HR Reimbursement Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I used to be a GSTL, but left a few months ago because I was offered my dream job. Before I left however, I was witness to a lot of theft and assorted other prosecutable things. Now, after I've quit, I'm receiving subpoenas to testify on Target's behalf in these cases.

I know that Target is supposed to reimburse me for the hours spent in the courthouse, but I'm not sure what qualifications are required or what rates are typical. I'm going in to talk to my old ETL-HR tonight/tomorrow about it, but I know my store is going to try to give me as little as possible, so I'd like to be armed with as much knowledge of the policies as possible.

Any HR peeps able to give me the 411?

I would talk to etl ap with your concerns.

It was actually the old ETL-AP who told me about it (Since I left, he's been promoted and a new guy is in his spot). He's the one that suggested going to HR since he didn't know any details, just that they do in fact reimburse for time.

It was actually the old ETL-AP who told me about it (Since I left, he's been promoted and a new guy is in his spot). He's the one that suggested going to HR since he didn't know any details, just that they do in fact reimburse for time.
Talk to the new etl ap & etl hr. Since you don't work at spot anymore. Make sure you give them, your current pay rate, travel time, & mileage. Good chance, they will say you are not needed to go to court.

Thanks! I'll be sure to give them all the info. Keeping track of mileage hadn't occurred to me.

The thing is though, I AM required to go to court. I'm getting subpoenas from the district court itself, not from spot. It's not worth getting a bench warrant put out for me, even if I'm not getting paid. But on several occasions, I've had to take an entire day off my current job in order to deal with these cases, and I'd like for Target to reimburse me for loss of earnings if possible, even if its not at my current rate.

Spot better pay your current rate. You could call the spot atty & tell them you don't work for anymore. Your tm info may not be in the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back