Archived HSA/HRA Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of background since I am new to the website: I was given a conditional job offer (submitted the drug test on Friday and currently waiting on a response for the background check). It should also be noted that this is my first job in this country and this is my first experience with the U.S. Health Care system and insurance.

Lets assume I pass the drug test and background check, I would be working the over-night shift (unloading, stocking etc) at the store with a minimum of 32 hours. From my reading I wouldn't be eligible to enroll in the medical benefit program for 90 days and that is okay, I just want to know some details about the HSA and HRA program and I hope that you can help to give me some general guidance.

1) What is the annual deductible for both the HSA and HRA?
2) What does the company cover after the deductible for both accounts?
3) Does Target pay any portion of my additional out-of-pocket expenses between my deductible and total out-of-pocket expenses?
4) What is my total out-of-pocket expenses for both plans?
5) How much does Target pay into the accounts each month?

If these amounts are employee or location specific, I understand, I am just looking for some average figures so that I can plan accordingly and gather some information prior to my enrollment. Like I said, I am new to employment in the U.S. (not new to the country) and have zero experience with medical insurance.

Hoping you can at least help in some way, shape or form.

Last edited:
Too freaking much. I'm assuming you're single. Double and triple these if you have family.

Team member deductable
HSA $2,700
HRA $950

Team member out of pocket max
HSA $ 5,000
HRA $ 3,500

Biweekly contribution

HRA $19.26
HSA $46.36

Too freaking much. I'm assuming you're single. Double and triple these if you have family.

Team member deductable
HSA $2,700
HRA $950

HSA $ 5,000
HRA $ 3,500

Biweekly contribution

HRA $19.26
HSA $46.36

Your HSA contribution is higher even though your deductible and out-of-pocket expenses are higher?

MAintain 32 hours for full benefits. Learn other workcenters for more hours.
Look for your benefits package, it will answer most questions.
Welcome!

On the hours thing, you will only full blown benefits, if you work very week 32 hours average. Anything less than 32, less benefits.

If you're ON, learn as many areas as they let you so you can maintain a 32 hr avg or you may lose your chance to qualify for full benefits.
If you don't have a 32 hr/wk avg by the time you're allowed to enroll, you'll only be offered the part-time benefits pkg & you'll have to wait until the next enrollment period (Feb) to see if you qualify for FT bennies.

Team member deductable
HSA $2,700

HSA $ 5,000

Biweekly contribution
HSA $46.36

Another couple of questions regarding the HSA, between the $2,700 deductible & the $5K max out of pocket, does Target pay a percentage of the costs after the deductible has been reached?

Also, how much per week, bi-weekley or monthly does Target put into the HSA account?

If you're ON, learn as many areas as they let you so you can maintain a 32 hr avg or you may lose your chance to qualify for full benefits.
If you don't have a 32 hr/wk avg by the time you're allowed to enroll, you'll only be offered the part-time benefits pkg & you'll have to wait until the next enrollment period (Feb) to see if you qualify for FT bennies.

Thanks for the advice, I will certainly look into cross-training in as many areas as possible. The person interviewing me did say that I would be looking at starting around 32-35 hours per week and once it gets "busy" he usually has problems keeping up with the demand and there is usually plenty of opportunities for over-time on the over-night shift.

Either-way, he did mention that cross-training was part of their policy and I would honestly welcome it since all of my past work experience has been in a different country and it has been a frustrating up-hill battle trying to find an employer who would even give me an interview, so hopefully gaining some experience in different roles will the job-finding process a little easier the next time around.

Last question, after 90 days of FT employment, can I enroll automatically into the benefits program or will I need to wait until Feb enrollment period?

Thanks again for all the help! Much appreciated.

Figured as much on the OT.

How much does Spot contribute to the HSA each week, bi-week or month?

I've had the HSA for a few yrs now. Spot makes a one time contribution of $600 per year you are enrolled. Any unused is rolled over for as long as you stay in the hsa. And with the hsa if you leave spot you can keep any unused. The hra you can't. You yourself control how much extra you want to contribute per paycheck.

I've had the HSA for a few yrs now. Spot makes a one time contribution of $600 per year you are enrolled. Any unused is rolled over for as long as you stay in the hsa. And with the hsa if you leave spot you can keep any unused. The hra you can't. You yourself control how much extra you want to contribute per paycheck.

Thank you for this information.

Does Target require a minimum contribution from its' employees?

Thank you for this information.

Does Target require a minimum contribution from its' employees?
I'm fairly sure they don't. There is a maximum (don't ask me what it is). Check on the pay and benefits website for sure thought.

Check on the pay and benefits website for sure though.

I will do as soon as I am able to. I am still waiting on my background check to be completed.

One last question, do you need to work for Target for 90 days before you get any benefits such as the 10% discount, cell phone discount etc?

I will do as soon as I am able to. I am still waiting on my background check to be completed.

One last question, do you need to work for Target for 90 days before you get any benefits such as the 10% discount, cell phone discount etc?

You should receive a discount card at the time of your orientation. All of your discounts start on that day.

If you are an EXEMPT or ETL you get benefits DATE OF HIRE, if you are an Team Lead, you get benefits after 3 FULL months (they do NOT include the month you are hired) If you are a Team Member (cashier, cart attendant, etc) you have to wait SIX FULL MONTHS after date of hire (and 100 days longer than that, if you were hired "Seasonally")!
Bit of background since I am new to the website: I was given a conditional job offer (submitted the drug test on Friday and currently waiting on a response for the background check). It should also be noted that this is my first job in this country and this is my first experience with the U.S. Health Care system and insurance.

Lets assume I pass the drug test and background check, I would be working the over-night shift (unloading, stocking etc) at the store with a minimum of 32 hours. From my reading I wouldn't be eligible to enroll in the medical benefit program for 90 days and that is okay, I just want to know some details about the HSA and HRA program and I hope that you can help to give me some general guidance.

1) What is the annual deductible for both the HSA and HRA?
2) What does the company cover after the deductible for both accounts?
3) Does Target pay any portion of my additional out-of-pocket expenses between my deductible and total out-of-pocket expenses?
4) What is my total out-of-pocket expenses for both plans?
5) How much does Target pay into the accounts each month?

If these amounts are employee or location specific, I understand, I am just looking for some average figures so that I can plan accordingly and gather some information prior to my enrollment. Like I said, I am new to employment in the U.S. (not new to the country) and have zero experience with medical insurance.

Hoping you can at least help in some way, shape or form.

Are benefits 90 days or six months? I've seen both in different threads on this site. I remember being told 90 in orientation but I could be wrong or maybe it's possible the wrong information was given.

I just recently hit the 6 month mark and started getting stuff about benefits. I got nothing after 90 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back