Archived LOA information needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
So recently I started having panic attacks after one of my best friends died and my grandmother who i took care of, passed away. I need to take some time off so that I can set up appointments with doctors, counsellors, therapists, etc because I keep having these debillitating panic attacks which make working impossible. Can I call my HR and tell them I need to take a L.O.A.? Will they work with me on this?

HR is going to tell you to call the benefit center, they’re the ones who handle LOA requests. You’ll have forms to fill out and I suggest you get them filled out and sent back in promptly. I believe they still need to be faxed in. Don’t waste your money paying someone to fax them for you, HR can fax them in with their copier and it’s free. Just plan on waiting for the confirmation to come back - that can take up to 15 minutes.

When you’re ready to return from an LOA you’ll have to call the benefit center again and tell them your return to work date. You’ll also have to let HR know when you’re coming back. You won’t drop back in the system until your actual return to work date so you won’t have shifts. By giving HR the heads up they can save you shifts that they can put in when you are back. Since the schedules are written two weeks in advance it’s in your best interest to let HR know your return to work date as soon as you have it. If schedules are already posted when you’re ready you can grab shifts off the swap board.

I am so sorry for your recent losses. Taking care of yourself is going to be hard and I’m proud of you for recognizing you need time to handle everything. Get all the care you need right now. There will be shirts to fold and toilet paper to stock when you’re ready 🙂

Can I grab the forms from work or do i need to print them off a website? Also I tried to call the benefit center and they arent open until monday.
Also your response is much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back