Archived Hungover

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are showing up to work still impaired, then that is fucked up. Don't do that. That being said, I drink a good amount every night, but I am both used to it and give myself enough time to sleep so I am practically never hungover... but it is hard for me to get hungover in general nowadays.

I want to SAY, as long as you can do your job, you're good.

I want to ASK, just how often do you anticipate coming in hungover that you need to actually ask about this?
Honestly, if you are drinking that much, that often, then eventually hangovers are nothing but a little grogginess for a bit. Just be sure to get enough sleep and you can be fine.

If it isn't affecting their performance and they aren't still loaded then I'm not going to say anything. If they are still drunk then someone needs to notify leadership and have them sent back home via Lyft/Uber or have someone else they know give them a ride. This isn't for the sake of professionalism, it's for that team member's own safety and for those they work around.
If you are actually drunk on the job, that seems like a fireable offense.

I used to come in hungover all the time on those 4 am signing shirts. Just have some strong coffee/energy drink and power through it. Coming in hungover is not the same as coming in drunk. Millions of people come to work at least mildly hungover everyday.

I'm guessing that the op is a college student who discovered it's better to party AND work to party. I guess if you can be can functioning and not act drunk then no one can really stop you.

I'm guessing that the op is a college student who discovered it's better to party AND work to party. I guess if you can be can functioning and not act drunk then no one can really stop you.
OP is a minor

I want to SAY, as long as you can do your job, you're good.

I want to ASK, just how often do you anticipate coming in hungover that you need to actually ask about this?
Idk as of now my friends are kind of wack and its usually Tuesday Friday Saturday nights sometimes Wednesday or Monday

This was a long time ago, but one of our TL smelled alchohol from a tm and reported it. He got canned.

No one likes the sour alcohol smell and surly attitude of someone hungover.

And frankly it's appalling that someone would plan to come in hungover. Accidentally judging the recovery hours wrong is one thing; making a plan for it is just wrong. It doesn't matter that it's Target, conduct yourself in a professional manner when on the clock.

In my head when I originally pictured this I wasn’t picturing impaired or sick just hungover. I’ve been hungover plenty of times just a headache and a slightly uneasy stomach but no more impaired then when I have a cold or bad allergies. If you’re sick hungover yeah stay home don’t be a shit head

In my head when I originally pictured this I wasn’t picturing impaired or sick just hungover. I’ve been hungover plenty of times just a headache and a slightly uneasy stomach but no more impaired then when I have a cold or bad allergies. If you’re sick hungover yeah stay home don’t be a shit head
If all that it is (and is that even a hangover?) then how could there be any possibility of someone else realizing it's due to alcohol and the OP getting into trouble? OP has to be talking about a more severe state of being.

If all that it is (and is that even a hangover?) then how could there be any possibility of someone else realizing it's due to alcohol and the OP getting into trouble? OP has to be talking about a more severe state of being.
No that’s fair haha I just didn’t really think about it haha. I’ve been “hungover” a couple times but no one could tell. That’s why I said just don’t complain about how you feel. But yeah if you’re obviously hungover or impaired stay the duck home

@Creek OP, it is possible to go out with friends and moderate one's alcohol intake. You really don't have to drink to the point where you will be going to work hungover. It's called being responsible.

And it actually can be quite entertaining to be the sober or only mildly buzzed person in the group and the blackmail photos you can take are worth their weight in gold.

Idk as of now my friends are kind of wack and its usually Tuesday Friday Saturday nights sometimes Wednesday or Monday
Sounds like you have some real lofty life-goals now, don't you?

All of those 18 year-olds headed off to college, junior college or working full-time are just foolish.

I agree with kartman who the hell cares if someone comes in high or hung-over ,snitches should get stitches. Myob I would love to see a dbo lpuke on a guest and then the etl or sd. There is no loyalty at target they burn us.... Payback is a bitch

I agree with kartman who the hell cares if someone comes in high or hung-over ,snitches should get stitches. Myob I would love to see a dbo lpuke on a guest and then the etl or sd. There is no loyalty at target they burn us.... Payback is a bitch
It’s called professionalism. Sure it’s “just retail” but if you work there you should show some professionalism.

tpeayta-gif.2610

Maybe if people cared about being professional at work, we wouldn't be reading all these posts about toxic, unprofessional leaders and unprofessional coworkers on their phones and gossiping and forming cliques.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back