Archived I applaud all the Target Veterans....

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlowChick

Expect The Unexpected
Seriously...how do you deal with feeling burnt-out?
I don't even think I could be here more then a year..........it's probably the shitty hours but damn I just cant......

Last edited:
I agree, one year was enough for me. I'm getting acquainted with my new job. You'd be surprised how technologically inept a company can be even compared to target, which as we all know, has a wonderful IT department. At least everything seems to work here, even if there is more paperwork for everything.

I take time off now and again. I can't ever relax on my days off because I expect them to call me in. I am scheduled every weekend. So taking time off to relax, clean, spend with my family is much needed.

I'm not going to say I haven't had a nice scream/yell in the freezer once or twice. But to combat burn-out, scheduling time off and doing something you enjoy in your free time is what works best usually. Also, exercising and working out can do wonders for your stress levels.

I'm not going to say I haven't had a nice scream/yell in the freezer once or twice. But to combat burn-out, scheduling time off and doing something you enjoy in your free time is what works best usually. Also, exercising and working out can do wonders for your stress levels.

I can't afford to take time off :'(

In the beginning, I'd take my time off so it would straddle two weeks.. Like a Thursday to Tuesday or whatever so I'd still likely get close to my average hours within each week. Now, I have sick and vacation time. I still do the week straddling thing, but I have the hours to apply if it doesn't work out.

I come here to vent, but also try to stay away when I have multiple days off just because sometimes I wanna forget about work.

And alcohol.

I will be at Spot 4 years in June. I usually take a nap when I get home and then I'm usually fine the rest of the day.

After 18 years I realize either I am crazy as hell or dedicated. If I was betting man ( which I have been known to do, if nickel slots count :) ) I would say its a mixture of both. On a serious note..when I started with Spot it was a really nice place to work. I loved going to work every day....I would work 10-12 hour shifts and had fun while doing it . Now...the whole culture in the company has changed and not for the better. I have come to realize that I cant wait for Spot to change...I have to change. Sometimes I feel as tho I have wasted the last 18 years...I have spent it working my ass off and have to still fight for hours and worry about insurance etc. However, I also know that my time with Spot has taught me so much about life and people in general so I am thankful for that . I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason.

count the days till your next pay day. I have been with Target a little over 2 years as a PA and it is one of the worst jobs in the store, but "they" keep telling me it will get better.
I sometimes feel like a glorifed Flow team memeber, keep pushing pfresh truck 4 days a week and on non truck day still pushing pfresh truck.
I dream of a day when we get a FDC truck 7 days a week, and get a FULL Flow team to push it, that will turn the store upside down.
Limit the general merchandise truck to 4 days a week with 4 TMs to push.

@tgtguy: The first 6 yrs I loved working for spot; I was proud of what the company stood for & the causes they supported.
The last 6+ yrs have been a steady downhill slide: several PR disasters, propping the company's image up on the backs (& crap wages) of TMs, ruinous financial moves have me looking for an exit.

I need to get my wife back on some craft projects. She's been pretty down about her job. At least it's 8-4 m-f. She's been reading a lot.

I need to get my wife back on some craft projects. She's been pretty down about her job. At least it's 8-4 m-f. She's been reading a lot.
I do that a lot too, but a quick craft project is much more uplifting.

She made an awesome scrap book for her friend's wedding. She's been meaning to do one for ours for 8 years.

Reading is always good.
Hobbies like crafting are also great.

Booze and drugs in moderation.

I deal by coming on here and refusing to quit my other job, as well as an occasional age-restricted beverage.

I'd like to read more and get back into music, but ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back