Sales Floor I cannot stand my TL

Today, I got in trouble like 3 times by my TL and the first time definitely wasn't even justified. I called for a GM member who I knew was close to the isle I was in if they could help me really quick to see if they knew where a certain grocery item would be in the back room because it was delivered yesterday, and they offered to show me where because they knew exactly where it was, even though they didn't have to. My TL then asked me where I was and started yelling at me when they got to me because I was apparently holding up the GM members jobs...I only talked to them for like a minute 😭. They also said that I was giving them attitude over the walkie when I wasn't because I talk in that tone all the time and now they have something to say?? (my voice is naturally very monotone) The GM member that helped me overheard them yelling at me and told me that I should report them to HR because they do this too often and they were in the wrong for that because they know I wasn't giving them attitude.

Another time was because I called out an INF (I checked every single location of where it could've been because I got in trouble before for not doing so) and then I said on the walkie TWO times that the INF was found. They then came to yell at me again because I didn't stay put and wait for them to come to me and not listening to their directions when they never gave me directions??? 😭 All they said was that they were coming to help me. They should've been more specific then. Like I'm not sure what they wanted me to do in that situation because I've called out that I've found the item already and I had like 10 minutes left on my OPU and they are always watching everyone's OPUs like a hawk.

I honestly feel like switching departments because I do not have the mental capacity to be doing this every single time they are there. Whenever my other TL is there everything goes perfectly fine and I actually get the job done better and I've never gotten in trouble with them ever, but when this TL is there they always try to find every little thing to get me in trouble.

Last edited:
You were taking too long on picks, I think.
That's not it, I checked out with a different TL and they told me that my performance was really good today, so I'm assuming that my pick time was good. OPUs were crazy today and most of the batches were at 25-40 minutes.

My store has a toxic a.f. TL who has been there since the store opened (along with the SD and select other management) As long as I've been there she's been making tms (old and new) cry with her terrible people skills. She's had numerous complaints filed against her by TMs and even other TLs but nothing ever happens. It sucks really because when she's there - like 5 days a week - her voice on the radio just ramps up everybody's anxiety level. New hires are like WHO THE FUCK IS THIS BITCH AND WHAT HAVE I DONE TO BRING HER ATTENTION ONTO ME even when they don't work directly for her.

I've had good and poor team leaders as I've been with Target over the years. Thankfully most of those poor team leaders no longer work for Target and the rest of them, I can at least have a respectful relationship with despite not agreeing on everything.

What I would suggest is to partner with your ETL/ETL HR if a team leader is affecting your ability to do your best work. Feedback is just as important for a leader as it is for a team member. I'm a new team leader and just getting up to speed but I personally would want feedback from my ETL or team members if I wasn't delivering the best culture or work environment for my team.

Don't let it affect you personally but do try to address any misunderstandings with your leaders.

I've had good and poor team leaders as I've been with Target over the years. Thankfully most of those poor team leaders no longer work for Target and the rest of them, I can at least have a respectful relationship with despite not agreeing on everything.

What I would suggest is to partner with your ETL/ETL HR if a team leader is affecting your ability to do your best work. Feedback is just as important for a leader as it is for a team member. I'm a new team leader and just getting up to speed but I personally would want feedback from my ETL or team members if I wasn't delivering the best culture or work environment for my team.

Don't let it affect you personally but do try to address any misunderstandings with your leaders.
^ This

I usually pop in and comment on these threads but I think the above quote outlines things well. I would just remind you that Leaders have departments of focus but at the end of the day we’re leaders of the building so if you see another TL or ETL you feel more comfortable voicing your concerns you’re empowered to do so.

Sometimes a leader of a different department is the more reasonable and objective voice.

My store has a toxic a.f. TL who has been there since the store opened (along with the SD and select other management) As long as I've been there she's been making tms (old and new) cry with her terrible people skills. She's had numerous complaints filed against her by TMs and even other TLs but nothing ever happens. It sucks really because when she's there - like 5 days a week - her voice on the radio just ramps up everybody's anxiety level. New hires are like WHO THE FUCK IS THIS BITCH AND WHAT HAVE I DONE TO BRING HER ATTENTION ONTO ME even when they don't work directly for her.

get you one of those pepper spray guns and blast her with it, not like she'll be able to see to terminate you

^ This

I usually pop in and comment on these threads but I think the above quote outlines things well. I would just remind you that Leaders have departments of focus but at the end of the day we’re leaders of the building so if you see another TL or ETL you feel more comfortable voicing your concerns you’re empowered to do so.

Sometimes a leader of a different department is the more reasonable and objective voice.
or sometimes the "leaders" all go back into the offices and talk shit about you... and everyone else.

or sometimes the "leaders" all go back into the offices and talk shit about you... and everyone else.
Don't " like" this but agree. Doors are thin and right next to our time clock. We hear it all the time. They do it to each other . Never have I ever been exposed to such nastiness. TM s treat each other well tho. We're like the emotionally and psychologically abused children who try to protect each other from the monstrous narcistic parents. These tl s run hot/cold with no explanation, this random employee of the month popping up, obvious "fixed" "raffles", constant gaslighting-"yes the elevator s broken and you have to take the stairs to the roof for DU but youre over 6 seconds into red, so, ya know, just work on it, ok?..." ghastly.

Back