Archived I can't back up the lanes....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd assume the TM was pulled into the office at some point later.

You know what they say about "assume."

"I need assistance in guest service, seriously, my line is blocking the door." Ten minutes after the GSTL radioed the GSA to come over to which she responded "I'm covering so and sos meal, I'm the only one here, I can't leave."

We were calling cashiers to the front all day. The one Hardlines team member who is also trained in guest service? Refused to come up, either "on a break" or was "doing a priority job" whatever that means. :rolleyes:

But I work Electronics, so that's none of my business. -sips tea-

What do you want the three phone calls two guest pulls or the four guests in front of me. You tell me what you want first GSTL?

I am literally the only person on the entire floor. Electronics is swamped, market NCNS'd so make a choice!

Silence from her.. And our LOD can't be bothered to come out of the AP office. No she was not doing AP stuff just hiding.

You had eight cashiers, you can deal. HR even between calling in people was on the lanes. Deal cause help ain't coming. When are you going to figure that out.

Last edited:
What do you want the three phone calls two guest pulls or the four guests in front of me. You tell me what you want first GSTL?

I am literally the only person on the entire floor. Electronics is swamped, market NCNS'd so make a choice!

Silence from her.. And our LOD can't be bothered to come out of the AP office. No she was not doing AP stuff just hiding.

You had eight cashiers, you can deal. HR even between calling in people was on the lanes. Deal cause help ain't coming. When are you going to figure that out.
This is all created when corporate cuts hours. Week before schools starts and hours are cut?? It was like Christmas in our store yesterday, without the staffing.

Yep why I put it that way, you have people, it sucks but you have people. I have NO ONE. I didn't get help until the ETL Log showed up and started pushing with me.

Cause I could not walk by BTS without taking 10min and you have to go by BTS to get to the backroom.

There was only one sales floor team member!? Ridiculous. I hate that because then they're being pulled in a bunch of different directions and then someone's gonna ask why they didn't finish the original task. They had to go for backup, had to help the guests, had to take all the phone calls, took their breaks, and they covered the electronic tm's breaks.

I like to gently point out how stupid the schedule is. When I'm doing phones and no ones picking up, I'm like "lod, is there anyone in red?" "No." "Oh. I guess I'll go over and take care of this phone call, then."

"Can a team member in softlines xyz?" "I'm the whole softlines team and I'm on register..."

Opened SB this AM, normally dead on Sundays but not THIS month....
Line to the door, guests doing multiple drink orders while on the phone "I'm at Starbucks. What do you want to drink?" & I am by myself until 11am.
By the time I left, I was wringing wet & smelled of burnt coffee & sour milk :p
Cornell, I hope you get hit with a virulent case of diarrhea while stuck in traffic.

This was today. Literally. Except we only had two during the time I was there. I couldn't come up because I had the electronics keys and the only other sales floor team member that wasn't on break was this new girl who still needs to get into the habit of going up. Yeahhhh

Not very often but every once in awhile I'll have to say, "I can't. I'm covering operator."

I usually am able to go up, though!

I once had the LOD ask me over walkie "Guest service, can I send guests over your way?" All I said was "Uhhhh, my line is blocking the entrance to the restrooms and I have four carts to sort." All I heard after that was, "Nevermind..." I mean, what else do you expect when you schedule only one service desk tm?

This is big box retail now. Skeleton crews run the store while the LOD hides in her office sipping a requisitioned Sbux latte. It's too hot in the store (because the AC can't be adjusted), there's no one to be found anywhere when guests need assistance, ETLs are utterly useless, and nothing gets done while the store is in shambles. It's not just Target, this kind of corporate greed is pervasive in retail now. All so Brian and his lackeys can make a few more bucks.

And you know the worst part? They know people won't stop shopping there. Big box retail has driven mom and pop stores out of business and now they've no need to compete. Prices can go up, employees can go down and executives can pad their pockets further with no consequences. The only thing we can do as retail employees is to get the fuck out someday, and boy that'll be a beautiful day.

Eh...guests can wait in line for five minutes. Don't want to wait in line? Don't come in on Saturday afternoon.

I love hearing entitled guests bitch about their first-world problems.

Service desk: Backroom, can you bring a FF to the service desk? The guest is in a hurry, they have to pick their son up from the airport.
Voice in my head: What the f- no. In fact, now I'm taking the scenic route up front.

Random guest: I've been in line for ten minutes, I need to know what's going on!
Voice in my head: No, you need to look around and see that every available register has a line. If you didn't factor in that you might have to wait in line for a few extra minutes on a busy weekend, maybe you're the one who dun goofed.

Eh...guests can wait in line for five minutes. Don't want to wait in line? Don't come in on Saturday afternoon.

I love hearing entitled guests bitch about their first-world problems.

Service desk: Backroom, can you bring a FF to the service desk? The guest is in a hurry, they have to pick their son up from the airport.
Voice in my head: What the f- no. In fact, now I'm taking the scenic route up front.

Random guest: I've been in line for ten minutes, I need to know what's going on!
Voice in my head: No, you need to look around and see that every available register has a line. If you didn't factor in that you might have to wait in line for a few extra minutes on a busy weekend, maybe you're the one who dun goofed.

I have heard backroom tell guest service they are 4th in line, if they need it faster come get it.. Cause our backroom is really good at first call first pulled.

Here is the number for guest relations. We are staffed according to the allowance we are given by corporate. You don't want to wait tell them.. It's to hot in the store? Tell them. They would rather no employees in the building and it could all be self serve if they could figure out how to get away with it.

Sometimes when a guest complains to me about the lanes being crowded, I'm always tempted to respond with "aww did you have to stand in line like everyone else?". This one bitch in electronics straight up told me she deserved a discount for having to wait and she even went up to guest services to complain about me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back