Archived I can't for the life of me, remove spider wraps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The co-workers who showed me, do it so fast, and I'm just over there struggling. I'm not sure what I'm missing. I put the device into place, but then am not sure where to push after that? I feel honestly stupid, since it seems simple. Yet, I just cannot get it.

take the teeth of the magnetic device, slot them into the holes on one of the circular/squarish sides of the spider wrap. One one side of the circular part where you have the device there is a point where the wire goes inside. While keeping the teeth in place, push the little plastic piece in with your finger and pull the wire simultaneously.

It's hard to explain...but easy to show. Have a cashier show you when you aren't busy.

But for the big spider wraps, stick the teeth in the holes. The flat magnet part needs to be on the majority of the back of the spider wrap. Then, it is basically pointing where you need to push. So you push in at the front of the magnet, and then it will pop out.

If you are a cashier (not back up sales floor), get one and practice when you have a break between guests. Everyone struggles (especially when feeling rushed) when they start but it will become second nature. I don't know how many times I had to flip on my light or get my neighbor cashier to help the first holiday season.

Definitely grab one and practice. Actually grab two, there's two major types out there and they are slightly different. It gets easier I promise.

In addition to spider wraps, I would also practice on the casings movies and video games come in and the ones for razor blades too.

I've never done a booze bottle thingy. I even saw a senior member struggle with that one, so I don't feel so bad.

I've never done a booze bottle thingy. I even saw a senior member struggle with that one, so I don't feel so bad.

I saw one for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Not even my Sr. GSTL or my ETL-GE knew how to get it off, and the guest was starting to get impatient. We had to have our Electronics TM come over to get it off since nothing we tried was able to get it off.

On the tough ones. Laid the flashing side down flat on a surface. Then, use mag key to open the flat side lock, listen for the click.

Thank you everyone for answering! I'll be sure to try these methods, and hopefully get better at them!

Thank you everyone for answering! I'll be sure to try these methods, and hopefully get better at them!
Wait for the clicking sound as well. They're a pain and take some practise, especially when you have to spider wrap TVs.

My store only recently got them. They're small and go at the top of the razor's where they hang from.

I've never seen those before. We put the cartridges in those small plastic cases, and the ones that don't fit usually get EAS tags.

I can't say I've seen the ones for booze bottles either. But then again, state laws prevent us from selling anything other than beer, cider, and the occasional wine cooler since we're not a liquor store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back