Archived I cried putting in my two weeks notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like this makes me the minority. After 6 years with Target, I have decided not to return from my maternity leave. It was a hard decision to make, but I've actually been offered a job where I can take my daughter to work with me, and Target has nothing to offer that can compete with that. I feel very fortunate that, for the most part, I've been blessed with amazing co-workers and fair ETLs. My time spent as a team lead developed my leadership skills immensely, and I know I have grown to be a completely different person because of my dues paid to the Bullseye. I know we like complaining (you almost HAVE TO to get through your days!) but I would be lying if I said I wasn't sad to be closing this chapter of my life. I think I might be the only person my HR has ever seen crying while filling out my two-week termination form. :) Anyway, thank you for being my griping buddies over the years, you can bet I will still be lurking to keep tabs on Spot! :)

Good for you! Your children should Always be 1st consideration in making a career choice. Quality AND Quantity! Good Luck.

BTW Love that you actually know that old term "shoe dog"!

Congratulations on finding a job that cares.
Family is always the first priority.
Don't be a stranger.
Mazel Tov.

Good luck

I feel like this makes me the minority. After 6 years with Target, I have decided not to return from my maternity leave. It was a hard decision to make, but I've actually been offered a job where I can take my daughter to work with me, and Target has nothing to offer that can compete with that. I feel very fortunate that, for the most part, I've been blessed with amazing co-workers and fair ETLs. My time spent as a team lead developed my leadership skills immensely, and I know I have grown to be a completely different person because of my dues paid to the Bullseye. I know we like complaining (you almost HAVE TO to get through your days!) but I would be lying if I said I wasn't sad to be closing this chapter of my life. I think I might be the only person my HR has ever seen crying while filling out my two-week termination form. :) Anyway, thank you for being my griping buddies over the years, you can bet I will still be lurking to keep tabs on Spot! :)

Good luck to you! If you did a good job I'm sure you could come back to Target in a few years when your kid gets bigger!

Shoe, this is the epitome of life/work balance.
That you realized how much you'd grown thru spot says a lot.
That you realize how much more your family needs you speaks volumes.
Keep in touch & let us know how your little girl is doing.

Congratulations on your new job,this is another loss for target but thank you for reminding us that it is possible to leave with good feelings.

Good luck in your new job and congratulation on the new baby. Please keep in touch here.:bye:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back