Archived I didnt know they can deny swap swift requests...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart621

Flow Driver
I cant work my BF shift (earliest I could come in is 11pm and I was scheduled much earlier).

I was able to find someone to cover it since he wasnt scheduled at BF. I thought I'm in the clear then I found out they denied it.

What they did was schedule the person who's taking my shift on BF, which means I cant swap shifts anymore.

Talked to my ETL about it. The reason was there's an open shift so they put the guy on the schedule rather than giving my shift. my ETL was able to worked with me and said I can come in at 11pm.

I kinda find it BS though. I found someone to cover my shift and basically try to **** me by scheduling the guy instead.

I'm an electronics champion (2 years in a row), I am usually one of the best with accessories/esp, and I get my zone done in time to help others, but god damn if I offer to cover someone's electronics shift via the swap board, the ETL-HL will deny me faster than you can say CHIYFS. It's usually favoritism, offering other people hours in an effort to benefit them and not you.

i think on black friday you pretty much can't have the day off. NO ONE is allowed the day off at our store. It doesn't matter who you are or where you work you WILL be scheduled on bf. I totally get why they would deny you a swap and schedule him.. although really they should have seen if you could work whatever hours they gave him and had him work yours.

we had a tm that had major attendance issues and would pick up shifts, then NCNS or call out. we eventually denied any attempt of the tm to pick up shifts.

Ibut god damn if I offer to cover someone's electronics shift via the swap board, the ETL-HL will deny me faster than you can say CHIYFS. It's usually favoritism, offering other people hours in an effort to benefit them and not you.

Same sort of thing at my store. I have been available all day on Friday yet I only get closing shifts and then have to open the next morning. I asked my ETL multiple times for earlier shifts every now and then on Fridays and I have yet to get one.(I keep mentioning it in a non-accusatory way.) I was once told "we don't need people during the day" yet the double stacked line and fire tunnel full of push seems to contradict that. Another thing that contradicts that is some of their favorites working in my workcenter(I already gave too much info away if my ETL ever read this) have day shifts on Friday. I understand they think I do an outstanding zone in the area I usually close in but it would be nice if they showed some appreciation and gave me a day or opening shift on Fridays ever now and then.

Ugh, they get very particular about being scheduled in certain areas and at certain times on Black Friday. I was talking with one of the seasonal backroom TMs and I said that I'd rather be in the BR than on the floor during Black Friday. He wanted to go to the floor (?!?) and offered to trade. Ohh, it was tempting. But I told him that the LODs get very upset if you swap workcenters on days like today (Black Friday, college move-in, etc.) so we shouldn't trade.
A couple years ago, I was working college move-in and got scheduled to be in hardlines in furniture and domestics. Which, of course, I know nothing about. One of the girls in softlines offered to trade and my TL was okay with it, until he asked the LOD. That LOD proceeded to blast me and gave him (and me) a lecture over the walkie about the importance of working in our assigned areas to maintain productivity. Ummmm, right. Taking me out of softlines is going to keep me productive, I'm sure...

I have only denied a few...only reason was that it would put the TM into overtime

They usually only deny swap shifts at my store on particular workcenters...like if the person isn't trained to work electronics that's an issue. They usually don't mind is a softlines person takes a hardlines shift, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back