Archived I don't want to quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm moving soon, and was wanting to transfer to the store in the city I'm moving to. I'm a hardworking employee that was transitioning into a leadership position, with plans to continue working and growing for quite awhile.

The store I tried to transfer to straight out told my HR no, reason being they don't take transfers "because they never stay". But I genuinely want to stay, because I was working towards a team lead role.

Does anyone have experience with something like this? Is there anything I can do or should I not try to press it? I don't want to move and not have a job when I get there, but I also don't want to be annoying and bother a store that might not even care that I was training for tl :/

Try giving them a call yourself to plead your case. Let them know about your development and that you like working for Target and have every intention of sticking around.

Might have to leave your current store & apply outright at the new store.
Hopefully, your drive, determination & experience will convince them to give you a chance.

So I'm moving soon, and was wanting to transfer to the store in the city I'm moving to. I'm a hardworking employee that was transitioning into a leadership position, with plans to continue working and growing for quite awhile.

The store I tried to transfer to straight out told my HR no, reason being they don't take transfers "because they never stay". But I genuinely want to stay, because I was working towards a team lead role.

Does anyone have experience with something like this? Is there anything I can do or should I not try to press it? I don't want to move and not have a job when I get there, but I also don't want to be annoying and bother a store that might not even care that I was training for tl :/
Keep trying! Ask to speak to the STL of the other store. HR is annoying! They are quick to try and be the general leadership of the store or even go as far as to speak to the DTL of yours. Don't give up. It doesn't matter how annoying you think you're being. This is your life on the line and it's business, be as annoying as you need to be to survive. You need that job so just make them give it to you. It will work. Good day.

Is that the only store in the city your moving to? If not try all the other ones that are in the area

There's one about an hour away, and then another another half hour from that. I'm thinking about trying to contact them, but that's a lot of gas :(

Are any of the ETLs or STL willing to call the other store to talk them into it?

We had a veteran TM in a specialized position put in her notice because she was moving across the country and there were no openings in the area. Our STL found out and made some calls; ended up getting the TM in her same position at a store in the new city.

Are any of the ETLs or STL willing to call the other store to talk them into it?

We had a veteran TM in a specialized position put in her notice because she was moving across the country and there were no openings in the area. Our STL found out and made some calls; ended up getting the TM in her same position at a store in the new city.

My STL probably would. And my ETL-LOG definitely would but I'm technically salesfloor so they'd be like "why is this logistics etl calling about this tm" probably. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try!

As others have said your STL or Etl could make a call. We actually had a team member who was in a similar situation he was actually on the bench for tl. New store said no and what not. Our DTL ended up calling that stores DTL and with in 2 days the team member recevied a call saying they'd take him. Never give up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back