Archived I feel lost, and am wondering what would happen to me if I stepped down from my position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well some background, I was promoted to PFresh Assistant about 1 and a have years ago, from a regular HLs TM, after 6 months of being a PA my partner PA and CTL who both approached me about applying to BE a PA quit, the same day, leaving me alone.

My new CTL, who I believe was given the position to be purposefully performanced out, by what I have heard other TLs/Sr. TLs say as well as his background with Target I could see this as true. The new PA we have is lazy as all hell and I could prove it with statistics from myPerformance. I however, am not this type of person and would rather drop subtle hints so that my superiors look into them.

About 5 months ago I was approached with being put on the TL bench and have been strung along while watching two others (one of which every TM and half the TLs can't stand) be put on the TL bench. Over this time I have literally held PFresh/Market together myself, but have increasingly been thrown into more and more responsibility of which I could not possibly ever do, and half the time get to leave work feeling like a failure even though I did EVERYTHING I could possibly do.

My question is, what would probably happen to me if I requested to step down as a PA? I think all of my ETLs/STL would have a collective heart attack as they love having me over there, but I feel I would be pushed aside after Market fell apart. I love being a PA, but too much is just too damn much.

At my store, you can't demote from any position, whether it's TL or GSA/PA. They make you quit altogether.

I feel your pain. My TL was fired over a year ago and I've been struggling to hold the food side together, taking over her responsibilities with no pay or recognition. My peers have been dangled the elusive carrot for months, and we've been TL capped for a year and a half. We have no good news or hope coming from corporate; in fact, the chances of us being replaced by new hires looks inevitable.

Unless you've been coached or reprimanded, I would suggest riding it. You've made it this far, right? Try to care a bit less; figure out what NEEDS to get done versus what USED to get done, and focus on it. You know in your heart you've been working your ass off, stop being so hard on yourself. You can't shoulder the weight of the entire food side, it's not fair, and it's impossible. Perhaps take a vacation - it's a good time of year to do it, and I've found when I come back there is a bit of relief that shows on my ETL's face. Granted, the workload doubles, but you can use a bit of rest and relaxation, right?

At my store we have a team member who was a tean lead for over 15 years and decided to step down. The team member did a great job, was well liked and respected but she didn't want the stress anymore. So, now she works in the same area as when she was TL...but as a tm. She chooses to work two days a week, no weekends etc. So, while it does depend on the store...there are tls who step down and keep working at Spot. I would also point out what @Hardlinesmaster said...take some time off and think. Then if you then its the right move for you go ahead with it .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back