Archived I get all our stores redcards. Why am I taken for granted. Rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
so I average 10 redcards a night. For some reason I'm good at selling unnecessary 24.99% apr credit cards to soccer moms and I don't know why I keep doing it. I'm a gsa and I know it's my job but when someone shouts me out I hardly get a response. A girl who rarely gets any got 2 tonight and after Her second one the LOD promised to requisition a $40 prize of her choosing. They gave me a candy bar. Honestly, not to be cocky but I single handedly am responsible for consistently maintaining our store as by far the highest conversion in the district week after week and nobody has ever acknowledged this. I really don't care about prizes to be honest, cause it's the front ends JOB to get redcards. But I feel so taken for granted that in ready to tell my stl its time for me to move on to somewhere I can get commission. The Cashiers who get one or two a shift are praised and heavily rewarded but even though last week I finished with 42 redcards for the week and have the highest personal conversion in My state, no one has even acknowledged me. So what's the point. Is this how target management is everywhere? Is it time for me to quit? Or should I wait for my review and see if they even care that without me our weekly conversion would average out to 1.2% vs 9.0%? Seriously I'm not trying to flaunt my ability to sell the dreaded redcard. I just want to know if my hard work at spot will ever pay off. Thanks.

Last edited:
Btw I'm not really one of those gsas who only cares about redcards. I am also the only GSA who does all the work of a GSTL. I set all our sales planners and constantly get requested personally by numerous guests cause I go out of my way to help them get exactly what they want

Saying things like "I was the top X metric in <state>" makes it really easy for target to find out who you are, so I'd suggest editing that part of your post out (edit button at the bottom). Sounds like you're really unappreciated, do you bring this up with your leaders? Sometimes leaders will overlook good work if you don't tell them what you've done, so basically the loudest wins the most attention. It's sad but true unfortunately. $40 seems really excessive, most I've ever gotten was a $15 google play gift card and that was one of the times they got desperate because we weren't meeting conversion goals.

let your etl and stl know this, sometimes they forget about the top performers. like, right now i'm carrying my electronics team. too answer your question: no not all managment is like this, but a good portion are. just sit down with your etl and level with them. if that doesn't work go to the stl. BTW this site is all about anonymity, so don't get super detailed or single yourself out. corporate doesn't exactly like this forum.

Sounds good and it's funny cause my stl and ETL log, Starbucks TL, sr consumables TL all have posted on here. They're pretty liberal about this stuff. Thanks for the advise. I'm holding off til I get my review. If it's a bad review, they can consider that my two week notice tbh

Sounds good and it's funny cause my stl and ETL log, Starbucks TL, sr consumables TL all have posted on here. They're pretty liberal about this stuff. Thanks for the advise. I'm holding off til I get my review. If it's a bad review, they can consider that my two week notice tbh

I about with you (Im a Pfresh Assistant), cosidered a "brand" at my store.. the brands at my store set 70% of all Salesplanners...

And are now expected to run our Ad Set team as of this month..

(Having filled in for the SFTL the weekend of Christmas mid-day, one of the easier shifts I have had for the past year and a half).
I am now sitting back wondering wtf it is our TLs do other than call out pulls, and map end caps...

I don't see how it's even possible for a GSA to get 47 redcards in a week. You shouldn't be on a register anywhere near that much.

If you are getting that many, maybe the lack of recognition is because they caught on that something shady is going on and AP is preparing to charge you with fraud.

Those of us in leadership who care about our good TMs feel crummy about how little we can do for our TMs. You can be upset at your stores leadership, and maybe you should be, but be more upset at the clowns at corporate who drown us in work and starve us in payroll.

Try to get another position in the store and you will see how much they appreciate you. I am great at getting redcards (not even close to 47 a week though. - maybe 1-3 a day), great at training, great with guests, great with cashiers.. I am a GSA too, but I am never going to be able to go to any other dept. because of all the things that I mentioned. (psst - don't think I would like any other department anyway) I do not get recognized very often - which really doesn't bother me. The appreciation shows at my review - it always has in the past. If it doesn't this year, I will not get too upset. An all new management crew who isn't very familiar with the operations of target, let alone the operations of the front end - we will see what happens.

I know high volume stores that don't get 10 red cards a night. Not that I don't believe you, but if your really do get that many red cards it wouldn't be hard for spot to know who you are on here. Be careful giving away identifying details like that.

Luckily I kept my conversion in a good place where they never talked to me, but not so good where they would take advantage of me... ;)

I never get recognition when I get a Redcard either. I can normally guilt the sbtl into a free drink though.

When people that normally suck do somthing average everyone cheers. When people that normally do well keep doing well no one notices.​
Exactly! It is a much easier way to "manage" people when management knows they can assign work to their best people. Less for them to manage. The more you do the more you get to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back