Archived I get paid $10.50 an hr as a cashier in CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, so when i started to work at Target at the start of june i was getting paid $10/hr. Then around the end of July my hrly rate was raised $.50. Does anyone know why i got a raise of 50 cents? I work in CA.

BULLSHIT. I live in CA and I'm not even at $10 yet. Why? WHY?!

seems weird to me that my low cost of living state starts our cashiers out at 11 dollars an hour vs cali at 10.

Depends on the part of CA, and where you are it might be more difficult to get cashiers so thus the higher pay.

As I sit here and cry. My commonwealth state on the east coast is only paying me $10.40 after 2 1/2 years as a perishable assistant.

Your store probably got approved for a base pay increase. My store got approved for the increase from $9 base to $10.50 base pay. I live in an area of MD that's relatively high cost of living, so it makes sense.

I'm actually impressed by my starting wages considering that I was making the same amount doing third shift overnight merchandising at Sam's Club. If my store did that (24/7 with third-shift), it would be $.50-1.00 more one would surmise. Currently have some interviews back to QC that would add $2-4/hr over my Target pay-rate. Hard to say in this economy how they'll go.

I work in California (not SF) and they increased everyone's wages from $10.25 (starting wage as of a few months ago) to $10.75 to stay in tune with the minimum wage increase.

I was started at $10.50 an hour, was very happy about it too. Would not have taken the job if it was lower than $10.00. I'm sorry for everyone who got the shaft with pay! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back