Archived I guess he got an O

Status
Not open for further replies.
R4YRMtl.gif

His base salary more than doubled!
Target's sales in 2015 rose 1.6% from a year earlier to $73.8 billion and operating profit rose about 37%
Yeah, because hours have been cut to the point that stores can barely function! Leadership keeps telling us that sales were down last year (which is why hours are WAY down) and yet...

Maybe Spot can update their paper cups now. Hmmm what's 5% of 73.8 billion? Donated to communities, hell they should take half the donation money and pass it to their members!

His base salary more than doubled!

Yeah, because hours have been cut to the point that stores can barely function! Leadership keeps telling us that sales were down last year (which is why hours are WAY down) and yet...
Lots of new CEOs do this to cheat the system. They get into the position and quickly slash spending like crazy in order to quickly increase profits. Shortly after, they cut and run (with a large fat bonus), then leave the company to sink. Cornell could be like this, because he's never stayed with a single company for more than a few years.

That's Teal'c at the beginning of that video, isn't it?

Lots of new CEOs do this to cheat the system. They get into the position and quickly slash spending like crazy in order to quickly increase profits. Shortly after, they cut and run (with a large fat bonus), then leave the company to sink. Cornell could be like this, because he's never stayed with a single company for more than a few years.
I smell a Steinhafl.

Most of the money was from stock options. When you're running a big company, you get that luxury.

Cornell's base salary was $1.3 million, an increase from $595,000 in 2014.
That is slightly more than a 100% increase in base pay.
in 2015 ... operating profit rose about 37%
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm assuming that is includes hour cuts, of which there were a TON last year. This year, there are even more hour cuts going on... which will make Cornell look good next year as well. I almost want to start a betting pool on when this dude jumps ship with a golden parachute. Maybe next year, because we simply can't take much more in hour cuts.

EDIT: Too many commas.

That is slightly more than a 100% increase in base pay.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm assuming that is includes hour cuts, of which there were a TON last year. This year, there are even more hour cuts going on, which will make Cornell look good next year as well. I almost want to start a betting pool on when this dude jumps ship with a golden parachute. Maybe next year, because we simply can't take much more in hour cuts.
Whoops. Clearly I cannot math today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back