Archived I guess he got an O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah....but, how exactly did profits rise? Were people spending more money or were employees hours cut?
Probably a combination of both. I hate the hour cuts, but if those decisions make the company more money, the top man gets rewarded for it.

But yeah, it's pretty shitty and unfair. He's basically taking money employees could've been making and putting it in his own pocket.

I can't dislike the guy, but I can dislike the reason he's in a position like this: the stock market. It will be the downfall of our economy unless things change.

Yeah....but, how exactly did profits rise? Were people spending more money or were employees hours cut?

Primarily from cuts seeing as sales were up only 1.6%. Cuts to hours, requisitions for employees, cuts to benefits, cuts to corporate (think tech cuts earlier last year), outsourcing to India, extracting cuts in pricing from vendors for prominent product placement. Bottom line is the majority of the increase to profits was due to CUTS, not due to any big jump in sales.

Was doing some math....

So, his wages aren't really that insane considering the actual profits of the company. Even if you took $5millon of Brian's money, and divided that amongst Target's 340,000 team members, according to Wikipedia, that would only give everyone about $15 extra dollars annually.

I dunno what that means, just a thought. Where the fuck does all this money go?

Was doing some math....

So, his wages aren't really that insane considering the actual profits of the company. Even if you took $5millon of Brian's money, and divided that amongst Target's 340,000 team members, according to Wikipedia, that would only give everyone about $15 extra dollars annually.

I dunno what that means, just a thought. Where the fuck does all this money go?
That's a good point actually. It's not as outrageous as everyone is making it out to be.

That's a good point actually. It's not as outrageous as everyone is making it out to be.
How many TL headcount are we down from when he took over? I know we are 2-3 short from that point. Multiplied by the number of stores, plus the higher number from higher volume stores....thats going to take a chunk out of his pay raise if you subtract all those 40hr a week salaries.

Besides $15 might be the difference between getting to work this week or calling out because you can not afford a tank of gas....

A salary of $5,000,000 equates to a hourly wage of $2,403.85.
Yea... Not that outrageous at all:rolleyes:
He basically makes what I make every two months in a single hour.
Oh yea, don't forget his TOTAL compensation of $16,000,000 which converts to hourly wage of $7,692.31 An hour.

Last edited:
He basically makes what I make every two months in a single hour.
That pisses me the EFF off!
aaf_mad.gif

So what are we going to do, set a maximum wage?

Actually Ben and Jerry's has as part of the corporate structure that the CEO can make 17 to 1 (when they started it was 5 to 1) over the lowest paid person in the corporation.
If the CEO gets a raise then so does the guy sweeping floors.
I don't see any reason why that can't be applied to every company.

Actually Ben and Jerry's has as part of the corporate structure that the CEO can make 17 to 1 (when they started it was 5 to 1) over the lowest paid person in the corporation.

But then how will the CEO afford a fleet of gold plated yachts?

You lazy poor people just need to pull yourself up by your boot straps if you don't want to starve.

it cant be applied at every company because there aren't than many Ben & Jerry types in CEO positions .... It'd be nice tho.

it cant be applied at every company because there aren't than many Ben & Jerry types in CEO positions .... It'd be nice tho.

Actually the 17-1 was initiated after they retired so they would be able to hire somebody (there was also an essay contest) when it was Ben & Jerry it was the 5-1.
And they get 3 pints of ice cream to take home a day.

I wonder how obese they are, lol.

I saw an article where one of the employees used his ice cream as barter to pay for his winter snow tires.
It's kind of like people who work in bakeries and chefs, you develop a refined palette and don't gorge out anymore than anyone else.

Hah, if you spend 12 minutes a day in the rest room, equals 13 1/2 days of vacation per year.

It's interesting how those numbers add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back