Archived I guess I don't understand this business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OPU/SFS teams pay the price in INFs for all those items that are supposed to be on hand, but were actually sent to other stores. More red metrics and more lost sales...

I walked in at 8am this morning to a paused OPU cart. They just left me a cart with 5 items they couldn't find. Not a big deal. 2 of those items were on today's truck and hadn't been unloaded when the cart was started. I went back to the line to see what I could find. I found boxes with labels for both items. For both items when I opened the box: mispick.

Helluva way to start a Monday morning.

Last edited:
Why would you need ppl before 8?

Was that directed at me? Any OPU/Drive-ups that come in after the store closes the previous night to before it opens for the day have to be finished by a half hour after the store opens. That means you have to have someone coming in before 8 to whittle down the queue and make it manageable for the person who comes in at 8 so we don't miss those goal times. At my store we have former BR TMs who come in a 6. They whittle down the OPU queue while pulling the CAFs for any DBOs who are on truck unload that day or who don't come in before the deadline. Then, they go do their own new areas of ownership. They'll leave the 8am person paused carts of OPUs for anything that is still on the trailer and for anything in softlines that they can't find quickly (it's really dark and hard to find things there before all the lights come on.)

How is it we have pallets, uboats, and repacks of push in the back. All full of product that will go out on the floor. For example, pharmacy repacks. Backed up for days, even a week. And not even that, there are 10 three tiers full of backstock. I walk through pharmacy and see out after out after out. Another example, cat litter that is on sale this week. But it's empty on the floor. I know because a guest found me and I filled it. Taking away from my area. But .....

No hours to push. How can a business that sells product, not have hours to push said product? Imagine a restaurant that is open for business. Sove is in. Food ready to cook. You go in and the waiter, if there is one, says, "I'm sorry. We have what you want, but we don't have the hours to fix it."

Am I wrong to see a problem here?

Edit: Stove is on.

That’s exactly how my store is! They’re upset that our beauty backroom is a mess we have carts from Christmas BACKSTOCK and all of our wakos are completely jacked up and full, our case stock is floor to ceiling but when we ask if we can be scheduled to reshop our backstock carts or purge our backroom we are told not to worry by one leader then next day another leader is on our ass about it being a mess. Even though when they gave us the backroom they had already fucked it up and didn’t schedule backroom team members to fix it. Now the new modernization method leaves it to be our fault and the way to make the backroom better is to “scan outs”. Target is a JOKE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back